Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have click to click twice everytime I go to another page to enlarge the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

HiltonTech no está en línea Stack level 1

Small text on my browser

Advertisement

I have click to click twice everytime I
    go to another page to enlarge the text and it's not centered,I have to scroll left and right to view text.
    What can I do to correct the problem?
    Thanks

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hit menu and select column view
    should fix it
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Column view helps a lot, its much better to have to scroll down farther then zooming as often and panning left and right.

Here's a tip, don't use the ball to scroll all the time, all I ever do is hit the spacebar to scroll down one page at a time, and the caps lock button next to the zero with the spacebar to scroll up one page at a time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    good point!
    use the trackball for fine scrolling and the space bar for anything major.
    if you know your going to be scrolling for more then what you see on the page, hit the space bar.

keeps our track ball cleaner.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    good point!
    use the trackball for fine scrolling and the space bar for anything major.
    if you know your going to be scrolling for more then what you see on the page, hit the space bar.

keeps our track ball cleaner.
    It's what I've always done, and why I don't mind column view, the spacebar jumps down just less then a page, whatever is on the bottom of the page is still viewable at the top of the page after you jump down, making the spacebar a perfect option even for reading text.

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Same problem just switched from a 8310 and this browser might be fast but the words are to small and when I type in a reply box it goes in a straight line.
    It os like when you don't have MS word in word wrap.
    If I press the enter key I could type under the line above.
    ATT bold with the original OS. If I upgrade does it fix these problems and make the browser like the curve?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    It's unfortunate that RIM chose to bring their flagship querty to market with such obvious browser deficiencies and poor build quality.
    In looking at a picture of a yet to be released 8900, I'm afraid we might be in trouble there too, for it looks a lot like the Bold I sold after only one day...

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Plus there is no more hearing aid support.
    They have the TTY but not the H-T support.
    This is really starting to not be a disability person friendly phone

fortyeighty no está en línea Stack level 2
    A shortcut for column view is to just press "z" ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven71 View Post
    Same problem just switched from a 8310 and this browser might be fast but the words are to small and when I type in a reply box it goes in a straight line.
    It os like when you don't have MS word in word wrap.
    If I press the enter key I could type under the line above.
    ATT bold with the original OS. If I upgrade does it fix these problems and make the browser like the curve?
    Unfortunately I have yet to see a fix for thw text size or lack of word wrap in text fields, but I would think that these are both minor enough things that COULD be fixed through an OS update down the road.

I've learned to live with the browser, I love my bold to damn much to give it up now.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I just got the javalin(curve 8900) and it has the same issues. I hate that text boxes don't word wrap and you can't make it like the old browser for font size. Column view definitely helps, but still...bit of an oversight by RIM

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    By the sounds of it, the beta OS .210 has addressed the way the browser renders pages and this issue may be rectified. The OS update is only for the Bold however, so 8900 users are out of luck.

Being that .210 is still in beta form it is not permitted that anyone post links to the download on the forums, check Google...it's around.

I'm not sure if anything has been done about the word wrap, I'd personally rather have that fixed then the font sizes...but better one fix then none.

I'll be back a bit later tonight to let everyone know what is different/improved with .210 on my Rogers Bold.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Well, while the OS and phone do seem snappier, the text size and word wrap issues are still present.

This still seems to be the OS to keep, but I have no idea how long it's gonna take for these browser issues to get sorted out.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Unfortunately I have yet to see a fix for thw text size or lack of word wrap in text fields, but I would think that these are both minor enough things that COULD be fixed through an OS update down the road.
    I'm hoping that RIM reads enough complaints here on PinStack and other places to DO SOMETHING about this... PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I've learned to live with the browser, I love my bold to damn much to give it up now.
    Ahhh ... yes, I must say I feel the same way.

Quite frankly if they fixed the browser issue, I wouldn't know how to act...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by HiltonTech View Post
    I have click to click twice everytime I
    go to another page to enlarge the text and it's not centered,I have to scroll left and right to view text.
    What can I do to correct the problem?
    Thanks
    There is no fix.

Unfortunately the only thing that can be done to _reduce_ the negative impact of this poor browser, is to use column view as your default.

1) With the browser open: Press the Menu key / Options / General Properties / Default View (change to Column if it's on Page).

2) In that same window you will see Default Font Size, and Minimum Font Size, I've found that size 10 for both works the best and does help in most web pages, not all.

3) After making your changes choose Save and exit.

This will make your browsing experience as good as it's going to get (Not That Great).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast