Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quik Pull will take care of it, I think. I have it set to reboot ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quik Pull will take care of it, I think. I have it set to reboot every morning, which will clear the cache.

I don't like Opera Mini because it doesn't have autocomplete, and you can't cut and paste. I also find that a lot of stuff I want to do can only be done on the BlackBerry browser.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am, but I dont think quick pull will clear cashe?

I have quick pull and I never seen that option, havent looked tho.

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Believe cache clears on reset, if so then in a sense, quickpull will clear cache.

As for the event log I'm going to copy and paste a reply I made in another thread:

"Ugh, you just hit a pet peeve of mine so bare with me.

So many think you can turn the log off. You can't, you can only hide events. Some think that by unchecked the boxes (options while in log) it stops logging.

I've shown in one thread how to prove it doesn't and it was ignored.

Shortened: open log (hold alt, type lg,lg). Now options. At the top is a legend. It says checked show, (empty box, unchecked) hide. Go ahead and uncheck all either by the menu option or manually. Doesn't matter which.

Exit out of options. Now all the logs you first saw are gone! Well no. Hit menu and choose clear log. Now its been cleared.

Now given the whole "its turned off because the boxes aren't checked" idea nothing should be there right?

Use your berry for a bit, do whatever. Search the web, post, open an app...whatever.

After using a bit go back to the log. Nothing there right? Wrong. Go back to options and make sure all are checked again as they were when you started.
    Exit out and....what do you see? Yep, log entries.

RIM gives the option of hiding for diagnostic purposes, but its only hidden, not off. So it still takes up a little memory, whether you see it or not. "

Tone may sound annoyed, I cut n pasted cause its a bunch to write.

As well, the log really is a small amount of memory. I'd recommend clearing only if you are REALLY low. Otherwise you'll prob notice no affect.

As well be sure to turn off javascript support ib browser options. Will speed up pages as well.

If you want faster, turn off animations (repeat never in options) and don't load bg images or embedded media. Heck, you can even turn off images, although I keep the setting @ low.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-21-2009 at 06:05 PM.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Another new thing I learned today thanks jfcooley

I tested Quick Pull and deleting cashe it does not clear it by doin a Quick pull

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks sooner, I couldn't remember, and didn't want to test it.

I didnt wanna test it ither, but had to know, Quick pull only does a soft reset and option to rest now, later, or as scheduled.

iLord is DEAD!

I did a little test of Quik Pull. Before using it, I had a content cache of 143.7. After, it was 0. So it does work, at least on my phone.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Just fyi in opera mini u can cut n paste you just have to uncheck
    Autocomplete in the settings
    Also for the record I really don't like opera either lol

Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    I don't like Opera Mini because it doesn't have autocomplete, and you can't cut and paste. I also find that a lot of stuff I want to do can only be done on the BlackBerry browser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12