Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I tried, from the app world, the steelhorn battery pull "button" and it simply did ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

simulation of battery pull

Advertisement

I tried, from the app world, the steelhorn battery pull "button" and it simply did not work on my 9700 - any suggestions where I could find an app that would simulate a batt pull? I have the otter box case defender and as you can imagine, battery pulls are a major undertaking

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    There are several out there that work really well. A lot of people use Quick Pull. I have heard mixed reviews, but most seem to like it. I personally use Soft Reset. It is a very basic and simpl program that is all I need. Not sure of the site, but just google it, lol.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's built into every Blackberry OS... Hold down the Alt key, then hold down the Right Shift, then press the Del key (Alt + Right Shift + Del)... this does what is called a soft restart... simple and it doesn't require any software or apps being loaded on your device.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive used QuickPull with other Berries Ive owned-it does not play well with the 5.0 OS
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

soft reset works on os 5?

PIN/ID
    nada
    to be honest I havent found a reset app that works with this 9700. They SLOW it down tremendously, freeze it up and just reek general havoc with it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have meterberry and it has on option to reset the device, same as quicklaunch they both work but are not free though

PIN/ID
    nada
    I have QuickLaunch archived in AppWorld. I wonder if it has a reset feature-I dont remember. had it on my 9000.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    I tried, from the app world, the steelhorn battery pull "button" and it simply did not work on my 9700 - any suggestions where I could find an app that would simulate a batt pull? I have the otter box case defender and as you can imagine, battery pulls are a major undertaking
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    It's built into every Blackberry OS... Hold down the Alt key, then hold down the Right Shift, then press the Del key (Alt + Right Shift + Del)... this does what is called a soft restart... simple and it doesn't require any software or apps being loaded on your device.
    ^^^^^^Just do as fatboy suggested....I too have an Otterbox that provides explicit protection and do a soft reset twice a week.....you really don't need an app for this menial task....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

yeah thanks - that otterbox is a beast - I love it but you gotta admit - taking it off is work!

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    yeah thanks - that otterbox is a beast - I love it but you gotta admit - taking it off is work!
    I've only removed it once in 6 months.....for a moment....thought it would never come apart....started looking for a flat blade screwdriver.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

i know what you mean - but i'll tell you this, i couldnt feel better about having it in there - this is the best case ever! if only the silicone outer shell-thingy could be made with some kind of material that doesn't attract lint and dust it'd be perfect imo...and once you get the hang of it, it comes off pretty easily

I agree...I ran over my 8310 when it fell out of the BB leather case...Otterbox may not be cute but durable it is. It's even been said that an OB protected phone looks like the slab the UPS guy carries for signatures.

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    I am using QuickPull on my 9700 and it works perfectly.

To be honest, I hardly ever soft reset my 9700. Its so nice not to have to unlike any of my WinMo or Symbian phones that require constant soft resets.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post

Yeah serious why would you need an app to do whats already built into the phone? Push all of those buttons simultaneously and wait about 3-5 seconds and bam your phone will restart the same way as if you physically pulled the battery. You dont need an app.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast