Ok so i have a lenovo s103t netbook that supports sim-cards in order to connect ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Question sim card sharing on laptops

Advertisement

Ok so i have a lenovo s103t netbook that supports sim-cards in order to connect online using your phone's data plan but it says that i need to contact my service provider to unlock that feature. i called t-mobile and as usual they read their troubleshooting books to a T and have no clue about anything...
    they told me the only way to go online with my netbook using my phone is through Tethering which would cost me 15 bucks a month. i told them that my netbook has instructions and diagrams about using my phone's sim-card and all i had to do was contact them to activate it (even though it works just fine on my phone) and they still seemed dumbfounded... so i'm wondering if anyone in here has used their sim-card on their laptops and how did they go about doing it...i have very poor to no wifi at work so using my sim card would be very useful.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im not a tech expert, but I would think they are correct about the tethering. I've never heard of anyone using their SIM card on a laptop.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Found this thread which might help a bit:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-...ir/td-p/244672

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    thanks; the instructions didn't speak of buying a separate modem it simply said i could use my simcard on my pc and showed diagrams of where to insert it...ahh well, once i get the playbook i won't have a need to use my netbook for internet access.