I'm really anal about keeping my Bold clean and clean it about once a day. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

DPC
    DPC no está en línea Stack level 3

Silver Side Panel Scratches

Advertisement

I'm really anal about keeping my Bold clean and clean it about once a day.

However, even though I tried my best to take care of it I have two scratches on the silver side panel. Is there anything I can use to to clean these scratches up, even if it doesn't remove it completely.

Thanks in advance.
    In heaven, all the interesting people are missing - Friedrich Nietzsche

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Not sure about removing scratches, but u can always order the bezel online and its not very expensive.it is avlble on cnn.cn. They also have a black one which looks way cooler than the chrome one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My suggestion is to buy a Seidio Innocase. I have a Black one that is the best fitting skin I've ever had. It covers the silver surround and goes to the edge of the keyboard & display. It gives your Bold the cool "all Black look" like the bezel only better. Being less than 1mm thick, it offers great protection, better than the really thin skins. Also it is grippy and make it possible for me to use my Bold one handed. I am very satisfied & very impressed with this product.

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    My suggestion is to buy a Seidio Innocase. I have a Black one that is the best fitting skin I've ever had. It covers the silver surround and goes to the edge of the keyboard & display. It gives your Bold the cool "all Black look" like the bezel only better. Being less than 1mm thick, it offers great protection, better than the really thin skins. Also it is grippy and make it possible for me to use my Bold one handed. I am very satisfied & very impressed with this product.

~(wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does this allow you to still use the holster?

DPC
    DPC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

~(wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the advice.

I just ordered the Innocase Surface and horizontal leather case combo.

Hopefully I won't have anymore scratches to deal with.

Thanks again.
    In heaven, all the interesting people are missing - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u View Post
    Does this allow you to still use the holster?
    I don't know as I gave my holster away. I do know that Seidio sells a combo innocase & holster.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks I will look into it. I really need a holster, scrub pockets don't hold bbs very well

Quote Originally Posted by DPC View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

I just ordered the Innocase Surface and horizontal leather case combo.

Hopefully I won't have anymore scratches to deal with.

Thanks again.
    I have the same combo you just ordered. Your going to love it. 100% protection.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I really need to get the same case/holster combo for my Bold. I had the same case for my 8130 but I found that the case was thicker then I expected and was very close to the buttons on the bottom and two sides, making it slightly awkward to type at times.

There's a chance I suppose that the case has been revised and/or is thinner fitting on the Bold, but I really hope it doesn't fit so close to the keys like the Inno case did on my Pearl.

Archer, is it possible you could post pics of the case on your Bold so I/we can get a better look?

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I really need to get the same case/holster combo for my Bold. I had the same case for my 8130 but I found that the case was thicker then I expected and was very close to the buttons on the bottom and two sides, making it slightly awkward to type at times.

There's a chance I suppose that the case has been revised and/or is thinner fitting on the Bold, but I really hope it doesn't fit so close to the keys like the Inno case did on my Pearl.

Archer, is it possible you could post pics of the case on your Bold so I/we can get a better look?
    You have brought up a good point. I've had every skin available, and this is the thickest. However everything is a compromise & I find this case to be the best overall. Yet o do realize that it's just my personal preference. Here's why I like the innocase best.
    1) It offers more protection than the others in the event you drop your bb.
    2) Yes there is a bit of adjustment time to get used to the edges near the two sides & bottom of the keyboard. However they compress down easily while typing. A compromise I don't mind in exchange for true protection.
    3) The slightly thicker case holds it's shape and fits snugly.
    4) Without it the Bold is very slippery to hold.
    5) When I use the OEM BB branded thin skin, it fits loosely and is not secure. Nor will it protect the surround during a drop.
    6) The combo of the Horizontal Case & innocase fits together for total protection. An important fact in my opinion.

I'm traveling & cannot provide pictures. Their site has pictures.

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I might end up picking up a pair in blind faith regardless.

I'm also trying to convince myself that I won't mind the extra thickness of the Seidio extended life battery that's twice as thick as normal, double the battery life would be nice but I dunno.

I'll be getting the holster from Seidio for sure, just gotta decide if I'm getting it with/for the case or not.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...request-91306/

Pictures of case thete

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I might end up picking up a pair in blind faith regardless.

I'm also trying to convince myself that I won't mind the extra thickness of the Seidio extended life battery that's twice as thick as normal, double the battery life would be nice but I dunno.

I'll be getting the holster from Seidio for sure, just gotta decide if I'm getting it with/for the case or not.

Here's my take:
    I have all this time & money invested, why not buy both the Innocase Skin & the Leather Case? It's a small price to pay for protecting my BlackBerry. Plus no matter how careful I am, it only takes one slip to drop it. Then I'm really upset with the situation. So simply speaking for myself, there is no such this as being too careful with my BlackBerry, I'm carrying my life in the palm of my hand....

Cheers....

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Joe, thx for the link/pics...the case looks like it fits the Bold MUCH better then the seidio case I had for my Pearl...MUCH slimmer, I'll definitely be picking up the case/holster combo and a screen protector to keep my baby safe.