I poseted my old Bold 2 to my daughter and it was fine when I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Signal Strength

Advertisement

I poseted my old Bold 2 to my daughter and it was fine when I put it in the envelope. However, unless it's near a booster (Vodafone store etc) it achieves a poor signal. It shows -200 and I'm told it should be -70. Does anyone know if this can be corrected - or is the antenna malfunctioning ?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    It's hard to say, but I'm betting that the Bolds antenna is functioning properly and that there's simply a reception issue where she lives.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

She lives in a shared house and other tenants (on Vodafone) get perfect reception. Her's is poor / non-existent. She took it to the Vodafone store and reception was brilliant - so they were able to set up her e-mail. Once she left the signal dropped. She went back in and they advised that they had "boosters" in each store. They tested and got the -200 level. They said it should be -70. The store said they couldn't help further. She says that the phone shows no sign of damage. I was just wondering if there was a software fix or maybe the battery needed replaced ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What OS is on the device? Maybe an upgrade would help. Battery strength should have no effect on reception. Could try doing a battery pull and see if that doesn't kick the reception into high gear.

Her boyfriend downloaded the latest OS from Vodafone web-site so it should be the most current. I'll have her try the battery pull. Thanks.