I have just upgraded from a BB 8800 to a Bold 9000. Whilst I am ... BlackBerry Bold forum

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Separate Emails and SMS Texts

Advertisement

I have just upgraded from a BB 8800 to a Bold 9000. Whilst I am pleased with the Bold I do currently have one niggling problem ( more may follow as I use it more!).
    When I receive a text (SMS), I have to go to messages and then open up the Inbox. Equally when I receive an email, it goes to both my message box and my email box. I have tried using different themes - Zen and Vodafone - and cannot find out how to set this up.
    Any ideas or am I doomed to have to put up with this - it is very annoying. Messages should ideally show me both incoming and sent texts whilst Emails should show me both incoming and outgoing emails.
    Any help or suggestions would be most gratefully appreciated.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ have you tried going to your messages, options, general options, "seperate" under the category of keeping SMS and emails seperate?

Other than this, I don't know what else to offer, sorry

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I have, unfortunately, already tried this but it did not work. I am also on Vodafone in UK which might have some bearing on the problem although I did not have this problem on my BB8800.
    The other annoying thing is that to view a text/SMS in my inbox, I need to go to text messages - open folder - Inbox and then only get to view the new text message. As you might imagine this is very annoying.
    Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

choughton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2554172A
    What os are you running?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think that this is the information which you have asked for,

V 4.6.0.126 (Platform 4.0.0.135)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.48
    Branding version 1.0.120.171

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have solved it and am rather red-faced. I was simply using what was set up for messages on the BB as default. However, the icon for text/sms/mms is rather different. Having discovered it, it all now works just fine.
    Thanks to everyone for trying to help - much appreciated and thanks for a great forum.

choughton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2554172A
    Glad you got it sorted my friend.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sweet!

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    nice! i was worried i would have to deal with that issue when i get my bold too!

Okay, thank you for all the postings, just to be honest with my problem and the solution that seems obvious once you know the answer and more importantly to help others.

When I set up my BB, the main icons, shown on the home screen by default, that related to messages were an envelope (which when highlighted said 'Messages'), an envelope with a little drawing of the world (which when highlighted was xxx@xcvsdfd.com). I therefore assumed that the first envelope was for text/sms/mms and the second (with the world) was for emails. Wrong! The first envelope (without the world) can be used to access saved folders etc. but I cannot see any other good reason for it.
    The key to seeing texts/sms/mms is a third icon which is a picture of a phone with a little envelope - this is the one to use to see texts/sms/mms. Then use the envelope with the world to see emails. A quick shuffle around (ie. move icon) command and the correct row of icons come up on the home screen.
    I know that this might seem obvious to some but this was all rather different on my old 8800.
    Anyway, I hope that this is of some help to others.

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    The Messages icon is generally used to combine ALL your emails and messages into one general collecting point. Beginning with software version 4.5, RIM created anew Desktop icon to allow corporate users to separate out their corporate email from personal email. (You can have multiple email accounts on your blackberry). I personally have only 3 email accounts plus my SMS box on my Bold. I actually HIDE my messages folder and keep the individual icons for each account.Helps me keep track of where my messages came from.
    No electrons were hurt in the making of this post.

Aha it all makes more sense now thank you.