I just upgraded from my AT&T 8310 to the BOLD. I love it, but suddenly ... BlackBerry Bold forum

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

"Send" vanished from menu in email

Advertisement

I just upgraded from my AT&T 8310 to the BOLD. I love it, but suddenly the option to send an email has vanished from the menu. If I reply then go to send then I have no "send" to click on. The same happens if I compose a new email. I must have messed up something in the settings during the transition. Can anyone help me fix it? Thanks

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Try reloading your service books. I believe this happens when the correct ones aren't available.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    I re-sent the Service books. Is "reloading" the same? How do I reload them?

firepowr no está en línea Stack level 1
    You are probably in the SMS inbox, rather than Messages. You'll need to be in the Message inbox to compose and reply to emails. An option is to combine emails and sms into the same inbox.

BBJedi no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a similar situation with Bold > Storm > Bold.
    It appears that there may have been a corrupt Database originally on the Bold that I carried over on the device backup/switch process.
    (BTW the before and after Bold was the same device with 4.6.0.190 f/w)

A wipe, downgrade to 4.6.0.162 and clean reactivation was the only thing that fixed it. (OK the f/w downgrade prob wasnt necessary but I never had issues with 162).

Since then no further issue.

One thing I did notice was it was possible to Send via Forward messages just not Reply, Reply to All and Compose!! weird!!

Oh and the Bold > Storm > Bold switch was for testing... I still prefer the Bold as I guess i'm too chained to the physical keyboard.

Frisco2Lbc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think I was doing the same thing that you are and if so, it's different then it was on the curve...make sure that the nameof the recipient is there. I didn't used to have to do this but now i do.