Hey, everyone. I did a search but didnt come up with what I'm trying to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

leastcmplicated no está en línea Stack level 2

Selling Bold 9000

Advertisement

Hey, everyone. I did a search but didnt come up with what I'm trying to figure out, so if I missed it and I'm reposting, i'm sorry.

I'm selling my Bold 9000 and a potential buyer sent me a message asking me for the pin code. 1) why would he ask that? and 2) is there any harm in giving it to him?

thanks!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I wouldnt give my PIN if I was aprehensive about doing so. The only reason anyone would want a PIN or an IMEI number is to check with his carrier to see if the phone was clear, not stolen or something of that nature. just tell him you'll give him the IMEI number-he can check the phone out that way.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

chokem thanks for replying! I'm only apprehensive because I didn't know what he would need it for, now I do . if the only reason is to check if it's stolen, why should I instead give him the IMEI? Oh its unlocked if that makes a difference.

PIN/ID
    nada
    He'll check with his carrier to see if the IMEI has been blacklisted is my guess.

I see, so theres no harm in giving him the IMEI then?

PIN/ID
    nada
    No, I wouldn't think so.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Just ask him why he wants the IMEI. If he says what we've been talking about it's probably a legitimate reason.

when I asked him "do you want the pin code to check if it's a blacklisted pin?" he said "no, i want to make sure the BB messenger is a good code" any idea what he means??

I appreciate your help, I'm just not really sure if people can steal pin codes or do something to get it blacklisted? sorry if I sound like an idiot lol

PIN/ID
    nada
    this sound fishy, if its not blacklisted, which it obviously isnt, he should be satisfied with the IMEI. put your phone for sale on here, or Craigslist or Ebay. Ive sold over 100 Berries on Ebay and have not had one bad experience. if this guy wont be satisfied with the IMEI, if it were me, I would tell him to take a hike (with all due respect, of course )
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea. The imei is all he should need to provide his carrier to make sure Its not blacklisted. Its obviously a good phone. He doesn't need your pin and I wouldn't give it to him. I'm not sure what he means by "making sure its a good code" when if the imei checks out then the pin number is good. He doesn't know what he's talking about and is probably listening to some idiot that works in a store. Bottom line is if he wants the phone he'll buy it without knowing the pin or he wont. Try educating him if you feel comfortable doing so.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17