I just got the Seidio Innocase surface case for my 9700 and noticed that it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Seidio Innocase ?

Advertisement

I just got the Seidio Innocase surface case for my 9700 and noticed that it slips off the bottom rather easily - I mean it doesn't fall off without pulling on it, but the little tab on the back does NOT need to be depressed in order to remove the bottom - Is this OK or a defect?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It should latch a little bit. If it does not click into place then it may pop off easy after being used for awhile. May consider calling them or sending off an email asking about a replacement.

I have the same case and mine latches into place slightly.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, there should definitely be an audible click when attaching the two pieces. Seidio has been very responsive to my customer service concerns, so you should definitely contact them. Trust me, I can be a pain in the arse with customer service!

thanks - i'll just exchange it for another -I also looked at the iFrogz cases - Think I should stick with the Seidio?

Not familiar with iFrogz, so couldn't tell you to go with them over Seidio. I have the Innocase 360, which has built-in screen protection. The keypad cover is nice, too, but it needs some improvement, so I just cut that piece out.

any opinion on the Speck cases? I too have used Seidio for years but when i slipped my 9700 in, aside from the "clicking into place thing", it just seemed to be lacking as much protection as I want. the Speck has a cool plaid fabric back and snaps together...

http://www.speckproducts.com/product...700-bold-2/222

I had a clear Speck case for my 8310, but haven't used any of their products since.

If there are any other products out there that offer built-in screen protection, then it's definitely worth a look.

iFrogz says the Luxe case comes with screen protection......does that mean it's integrated into the case or is it one of those film screen protectors? Not a big fan of those.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I like the iFrogZ cases too but still stay with and use Seidio. For some reason their cases seem to be less intrusive.

no, the iFrogz is a seperate piece. I hate those too but if you get it right, you're good. AT&T gave me 2 packs of their mirrored, anti-glare protectors that,l granted, I had to cut to size, but they look awesome and are thick and there's no adhesive on the back - a breeze to put on/take off, and they're thick. I have tried those Fellowes generic screen protectors and imo they should be illegal. they're that bad.

Oh, and I love the Otterbox cases for the protection they offer. But I'll tell ya, if you're anything like me, within seconds, the silicone attracts every foreign particle known to man and while it is easily wiped off, by the end of the day it's like you're carrying around a stuffed animal. I currently have the defender-series case but just can't use it because of the lint/dust issue. I was looking at their commuter series but imagine the exposed silicone, albeit much less than the defender, will still give me the same issue.

i found that if you "bend" the little clip/locking thingy up a bit - it will totally hold the two pieces rock solid - i have seen the same thing on 2 cases so im sure it's not a defect