Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Guys I am having this issue with my Bold and was wondering if anyone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nex014 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BDD2F

Question Second YouTube video does not work

Advertisement

Hi Guys

I am having this issue with my Bold and was wondering if anyone else has the same.

When I watch a video on YouTube it works fine the first time and then when I go back to the seach results and click on the second it sits there for ages 'Requesting' and then comes up with the error ' A communication failure had occured. The server may be busy, please try again later'.

Does anyone else experence this?

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I just tried it and it worked fine. I was on EDGE and not 3G so I don't know if that makes a difference.

nex014 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BDD2F
    It is weird. Just then I was waiting for a video to load and it was 'requesting' for ages, then an email came though and then it loaded straight away!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'd try Edge, 3G and wifi if possible. Obviously because you're streaming video you're going to have to hold a fairly high signal strength...any heavy fluctuation in signal strength could cause issues.

I too have had issues over 3G with youtube, but I wasn't lucky enough to have an email come through during the streaming to see what would happen.

I say try different connection types for now.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    i have a similar issue that if i'm watching a video, it will play for 10 or 15 seconds, then stop, giving me the same error you mentioned.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx View Post
    i have a similar issue that if i'm watching
    video, it will play for 10 or 15 seconds, then stop, giving me
    the same error you mentioned.
    What connection type was that with? Obviously a strong wifi signal
    would be best for streaming video so if you're still having issues
    when on wifi I'd suggest either trying different OS versions or
    wait for RIM to fix what may possibly be an issue with the
    browser/media player streaming video in general.

Honestly I think the only real issues I've had with youtube videos have been due to low signal strength.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Which OS are you running? I am using .194 and have no problems with YouTube in 3G

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I have had a couple videos cut out on me on 3G, I might give .194 a shot just out of curiosity and see if anything improves.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

OESC no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the similar problem with youtube...I´ve upgraded to the OS 4.5 and I can see the youtube videos fine then all of sudden stops working ... starts showing me a lot of errors

j2bbdev no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used to have issues watching videos in general on my bold. Sometimes I would get errors and other times it would just reboot unexpectedly. I recently upgraded to 4.6.0.190 and haven't had any problems since. Might be worth a try.

where can I download the 4.6.0.190?

Sorry to ask again but I just upgraded my BB 8320 to the 4.5.0.2 and Still have the same issue with youtube videos I can see a couple of them and then I can't see them any more it tell me "an error occured while trying to play media" and with strong signal of wifi and everything please tell me is there something wrong with my BB? via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm not sure if it's .210 that fixed things but when I use Opera Mini to browse Youtube and select videos it works just fine.

The only issue I've found is when you select "watch video" a separate instance of the BB browser launches in which you have to click on "start stream". If you watch a second video you must refresh the BB browser window or you will only end up re-launching the first video.

I haven't had a single issue with this method and watched about 15 videos last night off a flaky 3G signal. All's well so far!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Wrong Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OESC View Post
    Sorry to ask again but I just upgraded my BB 8320 to the 4.5.0.2 and Still have the same issue with youtube videos I can see a couple of them and then I can't see them any more it tell me "an error occured while trying to play media" and with strong signal of wifi and everything please tell me is there something wrong with my BB? via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You have a Curve, everyone here is asking you to upgrade to a Beta Bold Firmware.

You are in the wrong forum

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Oh my god...I can't believe I missed that, so sorry.

Luckily the method I described could still be attempted on the Curve, although I cannot confirm success on any device but the Bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast