So I've done everything from swapping to a brand new bold to updating to the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

caseyj1231 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Searching for network... UGH!

Advertisement

So I've done everything from swapping to a brand new bold to updating to the newest firmware for the bold.. but this is driving me crazy. I am getting about 3-4 times a day in a full 3G Network area, "Searching for Network"... and when it does that, it takes up to 2-3 minutes for it to regain network connectivity. Then goes straight to 5 bars and 3gBB. (This is AT&T's Network, Not Rogers). Can anyone provide any suggestions or solutions to this? I've also tried getting a ticket with AT&T open but I can't get the damn customer service rep to look past their script on how to fix things. Help??

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Having a similar problem. ATT states that the 3G tower where I work is new and currently being "fine tuned" which causes the Searching for Network lag.

I do not have the problem in other 3G areas.

feb272001 no está en línea Stack level 1

I work for ATT

the Att is having some problems with blackberry bold and the iphone and the 3G networks, i have already seen ppl come in to are store to exchange the phone, ATT has sent a email out to all of it locations not to exchange the phone because it is a problem on the network and should be fixed OTA. -----------------------Sim Card Errors With The Bold and iPhone!

Issue: Customer with Bold & iPhones, and other devices are getting “SIM NOT

PROVISIONED” or “SIM NOT ALLOWED” or SOS ONLY.

Status: The issue is currently under investigation. A priority one call has been in
    effect for the past 24 hours and will continue until the issue is resolved.

Action Required:
    DO NOT process equipment exchanges for customers with these symptoms if at all
    possible. The device in most cases is not defective.
    Please set customers’ expectations that we are currently experiencing a temporary
    issue and that their phone may experience the above problem.

The customer can try to perform a soft reset on the handset by removing the battery
    while the device is on, reassembling, and t
    hen re-powering the device. Sometimes this will restore the service even if only
    temporarily. This is not recommended for all other devices as it may damage the
    equipment.

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    its actually that the 3g network is currently under maintenance. i am employed with at&t and am standing 10 feet from the tower in my store and am only getting edge right now. should be resolved at some point today.

Yeah, but that's not the error I'm getting... I've seen this email before about a week ago, and its something to do with the sim cards themselves. This is just dropping the network completely even when it's in a 3g full area, going to searching for network, about 2-3 minutes later coming back again to full 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by feb272001 View Post
    the Att is having some problems with blackberry bold and the iphone and the 3G networks, i have already seen ppl come in to are store to exchange the phone, ATT has sent a email out to all of it locations not to exchange the phone because it is a problem on the network and should be fixed OTA. -----------------------Sim Card Errors With The Bold and iPhone!

Issue: Customer with Bold & iPhones, and other devices are getting “SIM NOT

PROVISIONED” or “SIM NOT ALLOWED” or SOS ONLY.

Status: The issue is currently under investigation. A priority one call has been in
    effect for the past 24 hours and will continue until the issue is resolved.

Action Required:
    DO NOT process equipment exchanges for customers with these symptoms if at all
    possible. The device in most cases is not defective.
    Please set customers’ expectations that we are currently experiencing a temporary
    issue and that their phone may experience the above problem.

The customer can try to perform a soft reset on the handset by removing the battery
    while the device is on, reassembling, and t
    hen re-powering the device. Sometimes this will restore the service even if only
    temporarily. This is not recommended for all other devices as it may damage the
    equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by betavirus View Post
    Having a similar problem. ATT states that the 3G tower where I work is new and currently being "fine tuned" which causes the Searching for Network lag.

I do not have the problem in other 3G areas.
    Thats the same thing.. thats why I was trying to get an AT&T repair ticket open to network operations because its only in the west Greeley, CO area that I have this problem. I can go to Fort Collins, CO or Denver, CO and it works just fine. (off the 2 towers that feed that west Greeley area.)

Bump.. anyone have any ideas?

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not on the same network as you guys (I'm in Australia, OPTUS).

I know that i've had the same issues, and after speaking to a bazilion customer service reps, came to the conclusion that the Bold doesn't like working between 2g and 3G. If I set to 3G only, it seems to work better, or if on 2G only, works quite well (but that's stupid as it's a 3G handset right).

It seems that until my carrier gets their act together and establishes a full 3G network this will be an ongoing problem.
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4