Playing around with my 9700, I noticed there is a mismatch between the bottom of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Screen to button mismatch

Advertisement

Playing around with my 9700, I noticed there is a mismatch between the bottom of the screen and the main button bar (send, menu, back, end keys). This bar kind of sticks up instead of being flush with the screen. It's not even across the width either. The send/end keys are more flush than the center of this bar.

Can anyone confirm if this is just the way the 9700 is built? I just want to make sure - in case I got a bum unit I want to exchange it before it gets too late!

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine is pretty flush.

Thanks. Hmm... wondering if it's worth the trouble of exchanging mine. Or am I just being too picky?!

Looking a little closer my letter keys stick up further than the touch pad menu and talk keys.

Yeah, mine too. But it's a good because it's even - looks like it was designed that way. The main bar (not sure what it's called) seems to bow upwards in the middle above the touchpad. Less so out at the ends near the send & end key.

Mine seems to also but only like 1/32". I can just catch my fingernail on it but barely.

Maybe that's just the way they are. Mine might protrude a bit more but that's about all.

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    I have taken a few 9700s apart including my original prototype and RIM sticks little cushions behind the glass screen. They are never in the same spot. I think it effects the way the screen lays. One one I took them off and just placed them in the middle and the top and bottom are recessed, which I think is better for screen safety anyway.

Good info! Not sure if I want to take mine apart yet. But still good to know how it's put together. I looked at some pics and videos since making this thread - some do seem more flush and others protrude.