Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sorry be more specific i didnt understand your last post... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

sorry be more specific i didnt understand your last post

juajar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok thanks here it goes...

Hi, I recently bought a BB Bold from one the carriers here in Colombia. I used it for 3-4 days and then I bought an unlock code which is arriving in a week or so. What I want is to use the BB using a BB plan with the OTHER carrier here in Colombia. So my question is, is it enough just to get it unlocked, activate a BB plan with the OTHER carrier and use it??? Or is the phone somehow locked though RIM to the provider I bought it from??

PS. I can not get the first provider to unlock or release anything since I signed a 1 year contract with them.

Thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    well u can definitely ask your old provider to release the PIN even if you are on a contract that i know for sure.
    As far as your other question yeah you just need to unlock it, then use the new provider's sim car which has the BB service on it.

jcturcios no está en línea Stack level 1
    So..If I bought a new unlocked bold from rogers which was not activated with rogers, I can use the pin on ATT without any problems?? or do I have to call rogers and have them release the pin?? one of the main reasons I bought the blackberry is b/c of the BB messenger..thanks!!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    If its bought unlocked, you'll be ok.. I have a rogers bb on att right now

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12