Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi I am a new member but a long time lurker and was wondering if ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jcturcios no está en línea Stack level 1

Rogers Bold on AT&T

Advertisement

Hi I am a new member but a long time lurker and was wondering if there are any differences (if any) from using a Rogers Bold on AT&T or purchase it when it finally comes out..( I just cant wait anymore!!.for example application and usage wise..thanks!!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive been using one for about 2 months and everything has been perfect.. so go for it.. but then again with att it should be released in i dont know say uhhh 2017... roughly
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    lol yeah JB and Nicky can confirm that ATT + Rogers Bold = success. so GO FOR IT!

jimmbee652 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e6534
    Iv been using the Bold on att for a while also, its seamless.

daniel9000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just unlocked my rogers bold from horizonwirelessonline 5 minutes ago, its working amazing!
    use discount code 50offATTROG for 50% off!

dbltap no está en línea Stack level 2
    The only bad thing about using a Rogers BOLD on AT&T.... it's doesn't get you out of all the AT&T crapware that AT&T still sends down in service books. lol

Actually... The plus side of it being a Rogers is I don't have to delete the Push-to-Talk code anymore and the BB Maps comes up without having to edit .alx files. I'm actually seeing using a Rogers Bold on AT&T as an advantage.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
    The only bad thing about using a Rogers BOLD on AT&T.... it's doesn't get you out of all the AT&T crapware that AT&T still sends down in service books. lol

Actually... The plus side of it being a Rogers is I don't have to delete the Push-to-Talk code anymore and the BB Maps comes up without having to edit .alx files. I'm actually seeing using a Rogers Bold on AT&T as an advantage.
    good points

jcturcios no está en línea Stack level 1
    i thought I heard AT&T still pushes their stuff through the network..alot of Rogers Bold users are receiving the att navigator and all sort of stuff from them..So i just ordered the bold today and hopefully will receive it by tomorrow..I just couldn't wait on att hahah..

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Add me to the list of bb users that has a rogers bold on att...

Everything works fine... Had some issues with service books but I worked them out...

A question I have though, I was on the phone with a tech, and she had told me my problems were from using the sim card from my iphone... She told me to pick up a new one at an att store (for free) and said that would fix my problems... Since I've managed to figure them out myself, I'm planning to keep using this sim card... She had said she heard stories of sims melting in phones.. Anyone else hear of any sim card horror stories???
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmmm i would assume that since the iPhone's sim reader is where it is and that the top left of the iPhone 3G (all 3 i got to play with) tends to heat up it might make the SIM melt slowly

juajar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, Just a quick question... Is it that easy to change providers???... Just by having your phone unlocked?? Isn't it somehow locked to Rogers through RIM??

Thanks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    it is indeed locked to Rogers but you can just buy an unlock code through companies like www.freeyourcellphone.com or www.horizonwireless.com and it unlocks your phone right away for use with any GSM provider

Changing Carriers

Hi. Thanks for the response. I know I can unlock the phone, but does the PIN and IMEI remain locked to rogers, or just getting a BB plan with ATT with the phone already unlocked be enough???

Thanks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    if you get a used blackberry just make sure that you ask for the PIN to be released from Rogers first because if the PIN is locked to an operator it makes things more complicated. As far as IMEI, ATT will add it to their database (well thats what Rogers does anyways)

Thanks. The reason Im asking is that I bought the phone with a Rogers in order to use with another ATT. And I signed a 1 year contract with them. I bought an unlock code from freeyourcellphone.com but I cant make ATT release it since it is still under contract.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast