Hi folks...Alright, I wanted to get my browser for 5.0.0.93, and out of the 20-step ... BlackBerry Bold forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow Roasted Bold 9000...PLEASE help. I'll pay ;)

Advertisement

Hi folks...Alright, I wanted to get my browser for 5.0.0.93, and out of the 20-step process, I made a tiny mistake that now has huge consequences.

In the meantime, I've tried everything but wiping the OS and install everything from scratch. I tried using the AppLoader, CrackMem, BCMP 0.9.2.0 Beta 7 (s'posed to be great), CrackUtil, JM_Cmdr.

SOMETIMES only, BCMP will recognize my PIN, which ultimately doesn not do me any good, but it's an observation. It appears as though never more than TWO of all these utilities will display the PIN correctly.

At any rate, my Bold 9000 IS working to some extent. email is pushed, apps work, games work, just anything to do with any of the browsers (MediaNet and HotSpot now also do NOT work anymore ).

All of these utils say all the right things. Getting RAM free with CrackMem seems to be one thing I'll do as soon as I'm back with my Bold.

Why is this thing being SUCH a pain in the ***?!?!?! I had a problem where I had to trick the loader.exe to wait before the PIN, after I bricked it real good! I was impressed! lol...

Can I rescue this OS (the 5.0), and just put the browser in, or should I wipe, and then rinse and repeat??I understand wiping BlackBerry's is ok, so long as you know what you're doing. I forgot one...ONE...just ooonnneee little click, and if I had done that, instead of messing around with my chick, I'd be telling you how awesome 5.0 works, which it does really.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to give as much info as possible. I spent the better part of two hours on it. Maybe there's a real easy way I'm overlooking now? Wouldn't be the 1st time LOL...:? :-( :? :-( :?

I'm feeling generous for some reason, so as Americans, so I believe you should take advantage. We don't turn free things down. All other countries, I beg of you, please help a nearly-defeated CrunchDude.

THANKS!!!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hi folks...Alright, I wanted to get my browser for 5.0.0.93, and out of the 20-step process, I made a tiny mistake that now has huge consequences.

Why is this thing being SUCH a pain in the ***?!?!?! I had a problem where I had to trick the loader.exe to wait before the PIN, after I bricked it real good! I was impressed! lol...
    You admit you made a tiny mistake.

Looks like you will need to start at the beginning.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'd go with the wipe and from there a clean OS installation
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

juwatkinvt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DF10AC
    Have you tried just going back to a stable OS version or the one you had prior without wiping the old one off using all those programs and just downloading the file via blackberry site(the software for phone that is a stable release) run app loader and it should write the new over the old and downgrade mostly everything. I did this and it is working great on .266 from 5.0. Obviously back up just your important stuff prior but in this case I know you would like to wipe it clean and start fresh but I found out it is over kill. Good luck and if it is still acting up send it back to your provider as many bolds are defective (my 5th one from att) due to something internally screwed up which will always give you problems. Great phone if you can get one that isn't per say a "lemon"

Hope you have some luck, it should take about 30 mins all together depending on the speed of your PC!

pin:20DF10AC
    Justin

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Alrighty folks, here's what I've tried so far...I just entered the pw 10 times in order to do this, but now, after it wipes the device twice, it actually deletes everything (says "wiping, scrubbing, etc." and it's doing it SIX times, but then it comes up with the main AT&T logo theme.

I'd be happy if this had resolved my problem (browser not working), but it has NOT been. . Service packs work, so the email part, and every now and then, there's a OS message exception something or other...???

All this under 5.0.0.93...................wtf;...all previously installed 3rd party are still installed and working, but now there is NO browser, NO MediaNet browser, NO HotSpot browser.......I deleted the 5.0.0.93 from my system, and installed 4.6.0.266, which I should have stayed with in the first place.

All this scrubbing (I just did it a 2nd time) were in vein. Oh, now it says "Scrubbing internal device memory"...........I dunno. I guess I'm looking for the dreaded 507 error...

And yes, I want .266 back in a bad way.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think you can go back to an older device OS. There should be a sticky here with links to all OS versions for the Bold. I did it several times for both of my Pearls.