How do I adjust the ringer volume? Right now I am using an mp3 as ... BlackBerry Bold forum

odej98 no está en línea Stack level 1

ringer volume

Advertisement

How do I adjust the ringer volume?

Right now I am using an mp3 as the ringtone.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    profiles/advanced/select the profile you wish to mod (loud,vibrate,quiet,normal,phone only,off)/select (in this case phone)/ volume (mute,low,medium,high,escalating)/hit the menu button and select save. Hope this helps.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    also remember that the volume level is also very dependent on the volume level the MP3 was recorded at. I know many who use MP3 for ringers and they complain about the volume all the time.

I had trouble hearing my phone ring until I found "Ring5" which is just a plain ringer but can and will wake the dead it is so loud! Even on the motorcycle I can plainly hear it.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    also remember that the volume level is also very dependent on the volume level the MP3 was recorded at. I know many who use MP3 for ringers and they complain about the volume all the time.

I had trouble hearing my phone ring until I found "Ring5" which is just a plain ringer but can and will wake the dead it is so loud! Even on the motorcycle I can plainly hear it.

Any chance you could post that ring tone or send it to me? My boss is looking for something just like that!!

PIN/ID
    No Way

Ringer Ring5

Ring5, is attached (I hope)

It is also a little more acceptable in board room.

I have to laugh when in a meeting and someone phone rings with an mp3 that sounds like you are at a party!

Sorry but there is a place for every thing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    I know how to fix your issue. I drive truck, so I had issues from day one that my ringtones were too quiet. there's a free program called MP3Gain that will allow you to adjust the volume of the MP3. I have mine set to 105db and there's still no distortion (speaks volumes about the speaker on the Bold)

Anyways, hope this helps

odej98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thats funny - i didn't notice I could scroll past off on that window to get to advanced. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies

Thanks everybody

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by odej98 View Post
    thats funny - i didn't notice I could scroll past off on that window to get to advanced. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies

Thanks everybody

Do not feel alone, I did the same! It is crazy but my 8900 has it all on the same page without scrolling, "Advanced" shows on the same screen.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks so much for posting the tone!! Also the MP3Gain program is great... There are some tones I couldn't use at work because they were too loud (and I need a tone due to the soft vibe of the 8900) and this is the perfect solution. Easy to use, too.
    Last edited by Zbats; 08-23-2009 at 01:53 PM.