I got a new set today. My right convenience key which is normally camera doesn't ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

right convenience key

Advertisement

I got a new set today. My right convenience key which is normally camera doesn't work. The left one works, the right one doesn't. I have gone to screen /keyboard setting and checked as well. Also tried changing it to calendar and tried it, the key still doesn't work. Please advice!

PIN/ID
    20508e6b
    If I press it hard it works, is that how its supposed to be? My left one works with a soft click only!

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3
    my gf's 9700 right key doesnt work either. luckily mine does but I guess its a problem with these phones ?
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
    my gf's 9700 right key doesnt work either. luckily mine does but I guess its a problem with these phones ?
    Maybe try a different OS?

jonraw no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's built to have two levels of depth when pressing on it. I thought mine was broken at first but realized it was intended that way after talking to others. You'll have to verify with others, but I believe the initial press focuses the camera and the deeper press takes the picture. Someone will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Jonraw you're right - that's how the camera functions.
    But for the buddies that the key doesn't work, it's a hardware problem, not software. Since the phone is new I suggest you take it back for an exchange under the warranty. Don't FORCE or try and fix it. You'll lose your warranty if the phone gets damaged.
    Good luck!

PIN/ID
    20508e6b
    I changed the right convenience button from camera to calender, but still i have to press it deep for the calendar to open. is that normal?

Secondly, a few of my friends have bold 2, i asked them abt the right convenience button, they seemed confused. if this was a issue they were facing they wouldnt be confused?

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mqasim - yes that is normal. As jonraw explained, the right key has two pressure level. Using the camera as an example since it is default key. When the camera app is open, you press the key to focus the image, then you give an extra pressure to it, it takes the picture. To activate the app on the right key, you have to bypass the initial pressure of the key by pushing it in harder.

Its late for me, I hope I explained it.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b
    Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post
    Mqasim - yes that is normal. As jonraw explained, the right key has two pressure level. Using the camera as an example since it is default key. When the camera app is open, you press the key to focus the image, then you give an extra pressure to it, it takes the picture. To activate the app on the right key, you have to bypass the initial pressure of the key by pushing it in harder.

Its late for me, I hope I explained it.
    Thanks!

And thanks everyone, was really help
    ful!