Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52

This is a good read. Thanks everyone for the great info. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #46
    pdxmatts's Avatar
    pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,702

    Advertisement



    This is a good read. Thanks everyone for the great info.

    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  2. #47
    NICKY88XX's Avatar
    NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    1,352
    whatever the case may be... i have the bold.. i waited for it forever.. i love it... end of story bless everyone... i loved the unlocked rogers... i love the att even more... im just here to post my exact findings.. even if it helps one person... or 100 or none.. the people should know what i found between my two devices.. im not an engineer so i cant speek from that stand point.. all my point was and is.. my att bold has better battery life and performance over all then my unlocked rogers bold on my att network.. end of story.. i love everyone... everyone loves us.. now everyone meet me at midtown for blackberry flag tattoos. k cool.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    whatever the case may be... i have the bold.. i waited for it forever.. i love it... end of story bless everyone... i loved the unlocked rogers... i love the att even more... im just here to post my exact findings.. even if it helps one person... or 100 or none.. the people should know what i found between my two devices.. im not an engineer so i cant speek from that stand point.. all my point was and is.. my att bold has better battery life and performance over all then my unlocked rogers bold on my att network.. end of story.. i love everyone... everyone loves us.. now everyone meet me at midtown for blackberry flag tattoos. k cool.
    hahahahahahahha i love you nicky this post just made my day and id be GLAD to get a matching BB flag tattoo with you !! lol

  4. #49
    ocanyc's Avatar
    ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    blackberry flag tattoos.
    Pics? Links?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Pics? Links?
    Coming ... lol jk

  6. #51
    jimdab's Avatar
    jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    70
    Many websites and reviews for the iPhone 3G said that the 3G capability were the cause of the worse battery life for that phone. I think I also read some Bold reviews online that said the same and blamed it on the 3G and not the searching or anything else. If this is just a misconception, it is pretty widespread. Here's something from WSJ (link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122227478405571617.html):

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wall Street Journal
    Some phones with third-generation, or 3G, mobile technology, such as the new Apple Inc. iPhone, offer the option to switch between 3G and 2G networks. Switching to 2G will mean a slower Internet connection, making it more tedious to surf the Web or download big files, but it will extend your battery life considerably. "Two days of battery on a 3G phone will last four days on 2G," says Jani Lyrintzis, an executive at Elektrobit Corp., a Finnish company that makes components for cellphone manufacturers.
    I'm no engineer though, I just know what I read. Your argument sounds pretty good though and has me wondering which is right.


    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    3G connections require slightly more power than EDGE Connections. There is PLENTY of data to support this if you look online. It's not a significant amount of power to drain battery that much faster. The searching for the best signal is what consumes data. Ranxoren is correct in saying that ATT has the phone programmed to switch only when certain conditions apply which would use less battery power than a 2g/3g selection that constantly searches and switches. Comparison to any other device is pointless. The curve's processor is twice as slow, the screen is smaller, and the resolution is less. And there is no linear proportion for power consumption based on processor speed, lcd, etc. differences so you cannot make a distinction in battery life between the two. Regardless, I am sure there are some reasonings for why you are getting better battery life on the ATT bold. At the same time I think drawing the conclusion that the ATT bold is an overall faster and has better battery life is not a conclusion to be drawn at this point. The only thing that differs between the two is the ROM which does not play into the issues that you present. This is probably just me being an engineer. When we do testing, we go through a lot of effort to elimnate variables and there is always a reason behind something. I cannot see that here.
    Last edited by jimdab; 11-02-2008 at 05:13 AM.

  7. #52
    EricScott's Avatar
    EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    80
    Just got my AT&T Bold today. Have just been messing around w/ the BES activation and charging it so haven't played around too much. However in reading this post again, I notice you have 168 on it Nicky? I had assumed that since you were talking about how AT&T really nailed things, etc that you were using the native software that came on the AT&T device. On mine that is 167 and on AT&T's BB download site it is 167 as well. What carrier has 168 out there? And should I switch?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •