Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ok monday is my busiest day of the week.. with emails texts ims calls just ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

retract statement 48 hours later..

Advertisement

ok monday is my busiest day of the week.. with emails texts ims calls just everything..

now useually i get about 12 hours when i had the .167 on the unlocked rogers bold before i was in the red for a charge. (heavy usage)
    100 or so emails
    endless back and forth bbm
    many texts and about 40 min of voice.. 12 hours battery drained

ATT BOLD: i dont know if its the att or the .168 os.. but today i batterd my bold.. while out of my house working all day from 5am till 5 pm.. and everytime i looked my phone had full 3g.. verdict here.. right now i have 60% battery life... 60.. as where last monday with the same useage on the os 167 unlocked rogers id has 5-15% im amazed... seriously.

i jumped the gun on being upset that the att bold didnt have the mobile network options. but there doing something right... 12 hours. 38mb free 60% battery... im amazed.. as a heavy user (not fat) lol.. but seriously..

another thing.. rogers bold to att.. att bold runs alot smoother on att network.. web pages are much faster.. much... wi-fi.. connects in seconds and can be compared to iphone wifi speeds and rendering.. im impressed. i guess we will have to sacrifice not being able to choose 2g 3g or both.. but in my time with my att bold.. id have to say there doing something right here...
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the update Nicky. It was something I was concerned about.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    I'm hoping it's the new OS... I don't think the chipset is different in any way at all....?

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    can you try the unlocked rogers with .168 os? i'm concerned about the 'smoothness' difference between the native att bold and the rogers bold running on att. i recently got an unlocked rogers bold partly on the notion that the native att bold was locking out the mobile network options.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    System selection based on signal provides optimum draw on your battery. No need for manual selection.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's nice to know that it is performing well, but I would still really like to have those options. I hope there is a way around this eventually.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    ok monday is my busiest day of the week.. with emails texts ims calls just everything..

now useually i get about 12 hours when i had the .167 on the unlocked rogers bold before i was in the red for a charge. (heavy usage)
    100 or so emails
    endless back and forth bbm
    many texts and about 40 min of voice.. 12 hours battery drained

ATT BOLD: i dont know if its the att or the .168 os.. but today i batterd my bold.. while out of my house working all day from 5am till 5 pm.. and everytime i looked my phone had full 3g.. verdict here.. right now i have 60% battery life... 60.. as where last monday with the same useage on the os 167 unlocked rogers id has 5-15% im amazed... seriously.

i jumped the gun on being upset that the att bold didnt have the mobile network options. but there doing something right... 12 hours. 38mb free 60% battery... im amazed.. as a heavy user (not fat) lol.. but seriously..

another thing.. rogers bold to att.. att bold runs alot smoother on att network.. web pages are much faster.. much... wi-fi.. connects in seconds and can be compared to iphone wifi speeds and rendering.. im impressed. i guess we will have to sacrifice not being able to choose 2g 3g or both.. but in my time with my att bold.. id have to say there doing something right here...
    well now at least we know what the HUGE hold up was about. They clearly made a ROM MADE FOR THE ATT NETWORK.
    The Rogers Bold works flawlessly on the Rogers network and i guess it makes sense that it doesnt work as well on ATT and vice versa

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    dammit noooooooo
    torched!

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Quote Originally Posted by jikdoc View Post
    can you try the unlocked rogers with .168 os? i'm concerned about the 'smoothness' difference between the native att bold and the rogers bold running on att. i recently got an unlocked rogers bold partly on the notion that the native att bold was locking out the mobile network options.
    .168???
    torched!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    .168???
    found it in the wild... and installed it on my rogers bold and here are some pics of the memory changes...

First the before the install:

then after the install:

and then after a battery pull reboot:

and I got the IM folder too....

So far the install has been good.... I was plagued with random reboots and dropped calls on .167 so I hope this fixes it.

Nicky, try this on the rogers bold and see if you get similar results, and of course how its comparing to the ATT one you have.

thanks for the great posts !!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    installed .168 on the rogers bold.. ill report back after work tomorrow.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    for everyones info.. i have 54 mb free on the rogers bold after a hard reset and new 168 os

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    There are no circuit board changes on the AT&T Bold, they are all the same. It is all about software and your location for reception.

Poor reception = poor 3G and battery performance

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I get full bars of 3G all day yet my 167 rogers bold gets 12 hrs on 3G only

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ok its been 5 hours so far... 3g only on unlocked rogers bold. and already down to 70% battery and memory is at 31mb from 54 when i woke up.

obviously its not the os here... im on 168.. unlocked rogers.

holy moly... is at&t actually doing something right..... i can see the difference is astronomical.. on my att as you know after 12 hours on 168 os i had 60% battery left.. now on rogers same os... and able to pick mobile options im at 70% after 5 hours... and i was busier yesterday....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast