Hi folks, I would like to be able to reboot / reset my Blackberry Bold ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rdacquay no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Reset / reboot of BBB 9700

Advertisement

Hi folks,

I would like to be able to reboot / reset my Blackberry Bold 9700 without having to remove the battery. I have tried pressing Alt, Right Shift and Delete without success. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

rdacquay

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    you can try with third party applications such as quickpull, quicklaunch and meterberry,
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

This depends on what you want to accomplish? Why do you want to do a reboot?

My 9700 freezes from time to time requiring that I remove the battery to get a fresh restart. I hate having to do this as it means removing my OtterBox case. I would prefer having access to a soft reboot. I have now downloaded Quickpull from the ShopCracberry web site. I have yet to try but will do so tomorrow. Got to get to bed now. Work, work, work tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep. Thanks for your support.

Bob

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    An application like this would basically be useless. You won't be able to launch it if your device is frozen.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    why is your phone freezing so much? have you noticed if its an application?
    And like Rog said, if the phone is frozen then an app like quickpull would be useless
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

My phone is not necessarily freezing up all the time but I simply want to clean out my phone and reset it back. It seems like the only thing that then makes my cell work properly is a reset/ reboot.

Thanks for your help.

RD

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    You gotta hold down the alt, shift, delete for several seconds simultaneously. It will work.

I hear ya. I do know that I have been able to use this combo before when my phone froze up and it worked great, but I do recall a freeze once or twice so severe that it did not work and I had to pull it. But that has been few and very far between the freezes that let me use the combo there. Too bad we cant freeze our phones on purpose to test it haha!

*Ok I swear there was a post above this reply before and now its gone! Just so it is known that I am not talking to myself ha!
    Last edited by lovin2act; 05-17-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: reaction to missing response before this one
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Thanks for the tip. It worked (SORTA...). Although the cell phone did reboot, it also froze after the reboot. After another reset, it did not freeze but my LED no longer worked. I guess I will just have to resort to pulling the battery. It seems to be the only thing that is predicatble and reliable even though it is a hassle to have to remove my OtterBox shell each time.

Thanks for your help anyway.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    I hear ya. I do know that I have been able to use this combo before when my phone froze up and it worked great, but I do recall a freeze once or twice so severe that it did not work and I had to pull it. But that has been few and very far between the freezes that let me use the combo there. Too bad we can freeze our phones on purpose to test it haha!

*Ok I swear there was a post above this reply before and now its gone! Just so it is known that I am not talking to myself ha!
    You're not going crazy - I did write a post that you were responding to, but after I finished I discovered I didn't agree with what I said and pulled it - the crazy person here is me lol

Quote Originally Posted by rdacquay View Post
    Thanks for the tip. It worked (SORTA...). Although the cell phone did reboot, it also froze after the reboot. After another reset, it did not freeze but my LED no longer worked. I guess I will just have to resort to pulling the battery. It seems to be the only thing that is predicatble and reliable even though it is a hassle to have to remove my OtterBox shell each time.

Thanks for your help anyway.

RD

Wow that's really odd it would do that as it's really supposed to be the exact same thing as pulling the battery out. Very strange there! Sorry to hear it's being such a pain!!
    Last edited by lovin2act; 05-17-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added in quote I replied to
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    You're not going crazy - I did write a post that you were responding to, but after I finished I discovered I didn't agree with what I said and pulled it - the crazy person here is me lol

Oh hahaha!!! That's funny!!! Thanks for coming back and helping me look less crazy

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    My 8900 appears to bog down after a week or so of browsing and emails plus maps, etc. so I too depend on the weekly keyboard "battery pull" on my otter box BB. From your description of the problem, I would look closely at any recent OS upgrade, theme download or flakey app that may be causing your abnormal issue. Just remove them one at a time to determine the culprit.

pkk8850 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thasnk