Hi all, I am fixing a friend's 9700 because his screen is damaged.. there are ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2

replacement screen?

Advertisement

Hi all, I am fixing a friend's 9700 because his screen is damaged.. there are random lines around it.. I was wondering what the best site to order a new screen would be.. thank you! Also it would be nice if it could be a lower price

also is there a procedure on how to replace a screen for the 9700.. this would be nice as I dont want to mess up the phone.. thanks again..

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    My first suggestion would be to find out if he has any kind of warranty through his service provider or insurance first as they may cover replacing the device for a small deductible, which is likely going to be cheaper than purchasing a new screen. I also believe that doing so on his (or yours) own may void any warranty if there is one.

If not, you can search on Amazon to see who has the best price as far as screen replacements go, but from what I have read, there are at least four different models available for that device. I've also read the only way to know for sure what model screen you need is to remove the old one and look on the back. Once you have the screen, there are a number of videos on YouTube that give directions on how to disassemble the 9700 that should be able to walk you through it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but hopefully this will at least be enough to get you started in the right direction.

Good luck!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

thank you very much.. greatly appreciated, the phone is definitely out of warranty, also I will have to take it apart.. will the version of the screen be on it or is it a mark or something.. so that I know what to look for? and once again you definitely helped..

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by nikjay25 View Post
    thank you very much.. greatly appreciated, the phone is definitely out of warranty, also I will have to take it apart.. will the version of the screen be on it or is it a mark or something.. so that I know what to look for? and once again you definitely helped..
    I did some more searching and from everything I've found, as long as its the original, it should be printed on the back of the screen when you take it out.

Here's a link to one model for that device on eBay that has pictures, if you scroll to the second one it shows the model number 004/111 just as an example.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

okay sounds good.. thanks..

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Check out Cnn.cn they have the screens you need. Refer to the screen you have as javabratt posted. This site also has videos showing the disassemble. You will probably find a better price on ebay and etc. but this site should help with finding what you need
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.