Well went to lunch today and left my phone in my jacket pocket while I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

Replacement Bold is on its way :(

Advertisement

Well went to lunch today and left my phone in my jacket pocket while I put it on the chair. Nothing hit my phone. On the way to work I see a black line on the left side of my screen. About a half inch into the screen and solid white covering that section of screen beneath it. Sucks. I never had a problem with this phone and I hope the one they send me isn't problematic. They are sending me a refurbished model I believe. That's at&t for ya.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yikes! What could have hit the phone?

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Well hopefully that phone won't go through the trauma like your current phone. As for the refurb phone, they do it up here in Canada too. They will always send ya a refurb instead of a new one. Good luck.

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Well from what I've read, nothing necessarily has to hit the screen. And in this case I know for a fact nothing could have damaged the screen. It was a padded recliner that I put my jacket on. Lol. I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of such. But now I see that this could be a problem with our lcds
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Got it earlier today. All seems well. Batt door is A LOT tighter, which is nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Don't mean to hijack, but I'm getting my FIRST Bold tomorrow, which is also refurbished, but it's a start...
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 01-15-2009 at 02:59 AM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Don't mean to hijack, but I'm getting my FIRST Bold tomorrow, which is also refurbished, but it's a start...
    Nice! I'm sure you'll love it. I know I love mine

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    The Bold is an awesome phone. You'll most definitely love it, as many other stackers do. Anyhow, it's a bb so there is NOTHING to hate and/or dread.

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    One thing I am wondering tho. As soon as I threw the battery in I hooked it up to the comp and did a full wipe and installed .210(my fav). And after I loaded all of my 3rd party apps, backed up sms and emails, and all those other goodies. My phone is WAAAYY more responsive. Now I know it is a fresh install and that's expected. But I always did a good job of clearing my logs and cache and stuff. Am I missing something that I need to be doing to keep that "zip?"And of course I reboot my phone often.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjackson View Post
    One thing I am wondering tho. As soon as I threw the battery in I hooked it up to the comp and did a full wipe and installed .210(my fav). And after I loaded all of my 3rd party apps, backed up sms and emails, and all those other goodies. My phone is WAAAYY more responsive. Now I know it is a fresh install and that's expected. But I always did a good job of clearing my logs and cache and stuff. Am I missing something that I need to be doing to keep that "zip?"And of course I reboot my phone often.
    Logs and cache never really clearn any significant amount of operational space from the phone. Could've been just the OS.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Logs and cache never really clearn any significant amount of operational space from the phone. Could've been just the OS.
    No I was running .210 before. I'm not sure what else it could be