Is it possible to replace the lens on the LCD of the bold? I've got ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Replace LCD Lens?

Advertisement

Is it possible to replace the lens on the LCD of the bold? I've got a buddy who dropped his a week ago from about 1ft. and it has the thinnest crack about 3/4 inch long. I've been looking at the vids to disassemble the bold and it appears the lens is a part of the LCD. Is this the case or does it easily remove from the LCD. If it is a sealed unit there is no way I'm gonna chance dust getting in there(always happens no matter how careful). I told him I'd look into replacing just the lens which I've found on ebay for $1.99 but am afraid the LCD/Lens combo is the required replacement from the vids. Anyone ever had hands on with the LCD/Lens assembly?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    fROM
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    From what I understand the LCD and cover are all one piece. Guess they did it to prevent dust from getting in their but I do not think you can just get the cover anymore.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well that would really suck. Making a $5 fix $100. Plus, I have been reading that there has been a compatibility issue with the screens. He's def not gonna be happy.