hey all, i've done the searching here, and saw there was a fix(es) detailing how ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2

Removing visual voicemail icon! please assist.

Advertisement

hey all,
    i've done the searching here, and saw there was a fix(es) detailing how to remove visual voicemail after the .247 upgrade on my bold (ATT). i did the whole find that alx file, edit it to "false" and reconnect it to DM, but i still do not see that option to remove it. just the option to remove the other apps. i also did the one where i rename the .cod files, but it is still there.

anyone know a definitive way that i can get the standard VM notifications back? i even opened crackmem, and checked the "remove visual voicemail" box, and started DM, but it's still there after a reboot.

thanks.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    You should just be able to go into Options > Advanced Options > Applications, and from there highlight visual voice mail, hit your menu button, and choose delete.

wingzero1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Another option is to simply remove all the vvm cod files from the java folder (7 of them) and then start up dm or apploader and run the through the process. It should tell you that it doesn't recognize those files and remove them.

java folder is located: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206

good call, but neither option worked.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Is Visual Voice Mail listed under your Applications list?

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero1 View Post
    Another option is to simply remove all the vvm cod files from the java folder (7 of them) and then start up dm or apploader and run the through the process. It should tell you that it doesn't recognize those files and remove them.

java folder is located: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206
    actually, this worked. i guess i forgot to use app loader. it removed those files, and VVM is gone, and notifications are back

thanks all!

smfa1965 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That worked great. I was running OS .210 and wanted to upgrade to .247 so I removed the 7 files before I upgraded and all set. Thanks for the tip.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    Lost Visual voicemail!!!!
    I lost my visual voicemail when I upgraded my os to 5.0.314. Anyone now how to get it back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scbMobile
    Supply, Train & Deploy!

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    wont be able to get VVM on 5.0 OS until AT&T officially releases is... I've tried the VVM fix and that hasnt worked either...
    Last edited by impak875; 01-21-2010 at 03:23 AM.