Hi Does anybody know how to remove/delete the Input Language icon that appears in the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mars10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Removing Input Language Icon e.g. "EN"

Advertisement

Hi

Does anybody know how to remove/delete the Input Language icon that appears in the top right hand corner of the blackberry? For e.g. "EN" appears on my blackberry every time I type an email or sms.

Thanks for your time.

Marissa

rdawodu no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nobody?

blulite no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't have that on my Bold. What OS are you running? The other thought is only load english when you load OS?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I believe that you have to hold alt and enter and it will make it go away.
    try that

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I believe that you have to hold alt and enter and it will make it go away.
    try that
    I got it too and the Alt Enter didn't do it.

You get this when you mess around with the language settings. Changing the input language once will keep this one there. ON with RIM support trying to see if there is a way to turn it off. A possibility is to remove any additional languages from your device.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by 8800bruin View Post

You get this when you mess around with the language settings. Changing the input language once will keep this one there. ON with RIM support trying to see if there is a way to turn it off. A possibility is to remove any additional languages from your device.
    I see . It makes sens but then what if you need more languages on your phone?
    I guess it is a good thing since the BB is constantly reminding you what language you are writing in - i find it useful as i am always switching between english french and spanish.

RIM could not tell me a way to turn it off.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    sorry to hear that.
    Reinstall OS is the way to go and then dont mess with languages lol

RIM could not tell me a way to turn it off.
    And I couldn't accept that, so I found a way! RIM is partially right, there is no where in the software to turn it off. So you have to run to a backup.

Hopefully you have a backup of your device before the EN appeared. Using desktop manager, go and restore only the Input Method Switcher Option database and you'll be good as new!

If you are running on a BES (as I am), what you need to do is (if you aren't the BES Admin) have your admin turn off automatic wireless backup enabled to false. Then you will be able to use the desktop manager to restore the database, then have your admin switch it back on.

Good luck!