With the OS 5.x.x.x the BB Messenger is part of Core OS. How can I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

HOTSUN2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

remove BB messenger

Advertisement

With the OS 5.x.x.x the BB Messenger is part of Core OS. How can I remove it?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Remove the .cod file for BBM under the OS install files. When you plug your device back in it should see the change in java files and update the device
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\DeviceModel_OS version\Java

I dont know the exact name for the BBM files anymore.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Why in the world would you want to remove it?!? One of the best things about a BB. Hahaha

If you download the current OS to your PC, you can use Desktop Manager to remove it.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have OS 5 on a BlackBerry 9700 and BlackBerry Messenger is a add-on application. I t can be removed by going into options/applications/ add-on and deleting it from there.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    The default version on OS 5 is BBM 5.0.0. If you have manually updated to 5.0.0.57 you can then remove it. Until updated, it is not an addon.

HOTSUN2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    MotoUp is rights, the default version of BBM is 5.0.0 which can not be remove via normal delete.
    Deleted the .mod in /java does not work or remove it via Desktop Manager ( it never show up as item that can be removed ).

what works is to upgrade the BBM 5.0.0 to 5.0.57 ( OTA from BB website ). This will replace the core 5.0.0 with application add on 5.0.57, then go to the options>applications>add on then delete the it.