had to get a new Bold last night at ATT store, my lcd went out ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Commish no está en línea Stack level 1

Reload Software msg on screen

Advertisement

had to get a new Bold last night at ATT store, my lcd went out (long story) and they gave me a new one. I went home and did restore from last saved settings on DM. All cool and working fine except I noticed mid-day that my main account was not getting email. Called ATT, as I was riding for a while, and tech says to check my computer email when I got back and she would have instructions on downloading core software (168). I did just this and downloaded file.

In the install thru DM it was about 90% and tells me that it cannot complete the install and that a file has been saved as LoaderBackup 12-XX-XX. Then the phones progresses to a blank screen, solid red light and then I got a white message screen saying reload software: 561 with a ghostbuster symbol thur an icon.

Anyone see this or know what I can do other than return to store in AM?

Forgot to mention that when I try to reload or do any action, the App loader says it cannot communicate with phone and talks about a pw. It then ask to cancel out.

Think I may be headed back to retail heaven in AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Commish,

Click on the FAQ link in my signature. There's a thread in there on what to do when the DM won't recognize your phone. That just might get you back up and running.

BBJedi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Take it back and get them to either do the upgrade for you or get you one with the 168 already loaded.

^^^ Or do what the Jedi Knight has to say, since your bricked device is a direct result of their recommendation!

YAHTZEE!! Worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the info, worked on first try. Save me a trip to retail in AM.

Glad I posted, knew this forum was strong, but figured this may be a stretch, foolish me!

Glad you're back up and running, Commish!

treetrout no está en línea Stack level 1

reload software 561 - 507 - etc

Hi
    I've read many of your posts and have tried many things you suggested but still doesn't work. First of all - I messed the phone by trying to disallow a 3rd party application access since I was going away on vacation. Yes, dumb but....
    All I get now is "reload software" 561 or 507 or 508(?) etc.
    What I've done:
    deleted vendor .
    in the add/remove section all I have is bb4.6 and bb software updater
    I've updated the dm and connected my phone which it seems to recognize since it shows usp - pin #....
    Then I click on the application loader - add/remove and states no software available
    then I went to apploader and tried running as admin which didn't work since it requires a password. when I double click to run it states the bb desktop doesn't have software for your device.
    There is a section to "add" but when I click on it it takes me to all my files
    Please help
    Thanks
    forgot to mention that I have the pearl flip
    just tried reloading the os from bb - took out battery, etc... at the end got fatal error. Is tehre any hope of fixing this?
    Last edited by treetrout; 12-01-2009 at 06:20 PM.