In the desktop manager i entered the wrong passcode 5 or more times. After that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cruiserking401 no está en línea Stack level 1

reload software 507

Advertisement

In the desktop manager i entered the wrong passcode 5 or more times. After that I was locked out of my phone and got the dreaded "reload software 507". Now I am locked out of my blackberry. I tried following some of the steps I've seen here on this site but I havent gotten anywhere. I tried removing the battery and plugging my phone to my usb but all I got was a picture of a battery with a line through it. I have also downloaded the OS software but that hasn't gotten me anywhere. I know this topic has been beaten to death but I still haven't found a solution. Please help!!!!!!

Mandizzle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21CB937C
    Really hope you have a current backup.

1. Install the O/S on your PC.
    2. Plug-in BB to PC.
    3. Run DM and it will prompt to install new O/S. (You will be wiping the device and installing new O/S so it will be a fresh start).
    4. Do a "Restore" using your most current backup.

Hope you didn't lose much.
    Blackberry BOLD 9700
    PIN: 21CB937C
    O/S: Hybrid

cruiserking401 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i plugged my bb into my pc. started my dm and got no prompt. i downloaded the os but i am still getting no prompt.

Elcuolo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

It depends upon which version of desktop manager you have. I think that if you have either 4.6 or 4.7 it will prompt you but failing that download the newest version (4.7) and then go to Application Loader and then click on Update Software.

One other thing to check is that the Device is showing as connected at the bottom left hand corner of the Desktop Manager window, if it isn't whilst the Blackberry is connected to the pc pull the battery and then replace it after 30 seconds then it "should" be recognised and you can start the whole fun process.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You need to make sure you have downloaded and INSTALLED the operating system to your PC. 4.7 is not a good option because it causes to many issues for to many users. Instead of just trying to install you should first wipe the device by using jl_cmndr and then as stated before go into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and run the loader from there. Again I would suggest 4.6 and not 4.7 or you will more than likely end up with an even bigger headache. Hopefully since this post is a couple days old you have already resolved your issue if not I hope this helps.

LucyLeckey1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Eh..

I completely wiped my blackberry bold 9700..
    I did not back it up as it would not let me because the screen read 'JVM Error 102'
    Now, after the wipe, my screen says, 'Reload Software: 507' My desktop manager isn't picking up the blackberry, so I'm completely stuck.
    I have had my blackberry for about 1-2 months, this is my first error and I have no idea what to do now.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Do you have the OS installed on your PC. Not downloaded,installed. Download BBSAK. I like it a lot more than using DM. Connect your device to the PC and open bbsak. Select load OS. That should get you back up and running.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    ....Another bbsak convert! Bbsak is the only thing I use now...saves a lot of trouble

PIN/ID
    Apple
    LOL. Yea. Only thing I use now also. What's up man.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

agentx no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have a same problem too.
    tx

PIN/ID
    Apple
    use bbsak. It makes life real easy. Also make sure y'all have downloaded and installed the OS.