Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by RogerG Here's another thing I like about the Torch.....I always thought the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Here's another thing I like about the Torch.....I always thought the screen on the 9700 was too small.....the Torch gives you the best of both worlds in that you get the same keyboard that you have on the 9700 with a much bigger screen!

Don't know about you young whippersnappers, but I'm 53 years old and it's nice to actually be able to read what's on the screen!
    Hey RogerG, don't know if you caught this yet - CrackBerry's review of the 9800 Torch: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9800-review -- (it has been posted there for a while, so you probably already caught it) They are very much impressed with the device, like you are. Reading the review and your comments are making me think twice about being a Storm nay-sayer. BlackBerry is my home port, so if the Storm is as good as y'all say than I am ecstatic. However, I'm still so jazzed with my Boldie I'm not ready to jump over to AT and T!
    H

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't buy something without thorough research, Mark. I did see that article, but thanks for posting it for others to view!

You won't have to change carriers as I'm pretty sure a TMO version of the Torch is on its way.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I don't buy something without thorough research, Mark. I did see that article, but thanks for posting it for others to view!

You won't have to change carriers as I'm pretty sure a TMO version of the Torch is on its way.
    TMO Torch.... I seriously doubt it!!! After all the commercials/videos with RIM and AT&T developing this brand new device (9800) and they are going to let this exclusive device to a GSM carrier in the US... again, I seriously doubt it. Look how long it took for iPhone to not be totally exclusive to a US carrier... oh ya, it's still not released to any other US carrier yet.

I think this is one of the main reasons that RIM is missing the boat on the Smartphone market... they have too many exclusive devices... first the Storm, now the Torch... maybe that will change some day, but I'm not waiting.

Android device builders are going to every carrier... Samsung is making 1G Snapdragon processors for every carrier, and customizing them each for each carrier. Motorola, LG, HTC all making Android phones for all carriers. The latest hardware... some with 16G of on board memory, Super AMOLED screens.

I'm tired of waiting for RIM to release their devices to more carriers, or their OS versions for whatever device they deem worthy... where as I know some people running Android's Froyo on an old G1 devices (the first Android).

Sorry, I just had to rant... I like my 9700, but it's already old... I want a device that rocks, play Flash, and is built to be a multimedia smartphone.

fatboy97, good rant and I see your point. For me personally, I'll stick with RIM because their devices do what I need them to do. You and I have different ideas of what a Smartphone should be and do, and in my world the multimedia and Flash and all that is nice, but not really that important. I think the difference in how the different brands of smartphones have developed through the years has given us a nice variety of devices to choose from. Just like cars and trucks, each device has its strength that appeals to different types of people. To me, comparing a souped-up Blackberry to an Eye Phone 4 or an Android device is like comparing a brand new, mega Peterbilt tractor, with satellite and a huge, plush sleeper and power everything, able to pull the heaviest trailer with ease, to a brand new Chevy Camaro, fast, lean, low, mean. Both excellent, both state-of-the-art: but one can sure out-haul the other, and the other sure is faster.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome back, fatboy97! I appreciate the rant and understand where you're coming from. I know of someone who had hands-on experience with a device called the 9820, which would follow suit with the carrier numbering scheme for TMO.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    and did this someone maybe possibly mentioned a release date??
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12