I am using a BB 9700. i cant use the GPS on my phone. whenever ... BlackBerry Bold forum

just4office no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Rebooting and GPS

I am using a BB 9700. i cant use the GPS on my phone. whenever i try to retrieve my location, it keeps searching for sattelites and then aborts. but fails to give me my location. any suggestions? do i need to do anything more? any subscription or anything? in case it is important, i am in india.

also, how do i reboot my phone? till now all that i can think of is take out the battery and reinstall it.. and then turn the phone back on.. bt am sure, that is not the right process.. so what is the oder and better way to reboot my phone?

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go outside... with a clear view of the sky... then do it... then wait there for up to 10-15 minutes... normally it only takes a minute, but the first time can take up to 15 minutes.

Reboot... is called a Battery Pull: leave your device ON, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait for your device to boot up... it's not needed too much with this device since it's very good about battery leaks... but there is also a easier way, but it's not really as good as a battery pull... it's called a soft reset: hold down the Alt key, then hold down the Right Shift key, with those two held down press the Del key (Alt + Right Shift + Del).