Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok so i did a little test and heres my review.. ok so heres what ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

read my findings on 2g 3g

Advertisement

ok so i did a little test and heres my review..

ok so heres what i did.. for 24 hours i left my bold on 2g and 3g.. and then the next 24 hours i left it on 3g only.

heres my findings.. on 2g 3g..

problem with this is. and not many realize that your phone is trying to get signals from both 2g and 3g networks at the same time. there for making your phone do more work then it has to and for what?
    to kill your battery faster..
    1. phone someone seamlessly switches between networks if im in a bad area..
    2. i notice some emails on the larger size taking 10-15 sometimes a minute to send. even thou its showing 3G...
    3. my battery lasts 12 hours with heavy usage.
    4. some phone calls while driving (with blue tooth) lol if i drive through a known bad area. phone will cut out while trying to change from 2g to 3g. which is no fun..
    5. every now and then in spurts if get 10+ emails in one shot.. or my bb messanger would lag for no reason. or when sending an mms i would get a red x and have to resend several times before it went through still taking a minute plus to send a 250kb pic...

now ive had my 2g and 3g on because i thought i would benefit from never losing a signal because if i wasnt coverd by 3g i had edge to fall back on.. well i was WRONG.. check this out..

since wed. ive left it on 3G only. and its like i have the bold id expect to have. im getting messages instantly. im web surfing much faster. no waiting no hour glass no phone call cut outs at alll. and my battery life to my surprise has been lasting me 2 full work days. which is mind blowing..

my mms is no issue anymore. my large attachment emails are send and received within 10 seconds and no more lag on the bbm. im simply amazed. the device is working like what it should be.... and im blown away because all this time ive had it (3 months) i thought it would kill the battery if i left it on 3g only.. but ive noticed i have not lost a signal once im in NYC by the way.

now to me this is great and my device is working beyond par. and im very happy. i dont know how this would work in an area where 3g is not strong but as far as my location i couldnt be happier.. its like a fix all for my bold..

does anyone else have theres on 3g only thats happy with the results?
    if not give it a shot and tell me if everythings alll better on 3g only.. im happpy
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ive always had my bold on 3G only well at least since two days after buying it.
    I noticed i never ever dropped the 3G signal so i figured i didn't need the 2G & 3G option.
    Didn't know it made a difference because lets face it i hadn't been using the device for long enough.
    Great post Nicky as always!

ps: maybe that would explain why ive had such great battery life since i had my device ...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    thanks ranx
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hey if I dont notice how awesome you are who will huh ? lol just playing

PIN/ID
    ask me
    lol...

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Straight out the box while playing with the settings I let 3G only on... I had an iphone before so I knew I didn't have to worry about how my 3G coverage would be... Never had any issues at all since day 1... Cept for the fact that I was on .125 and my battery died at lunch hahah...

Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I am going to check my settings and make sure I am 3G only. Thanks nicky !!! Good post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Good to know!
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That is interesting, thanks you may have saved me a great deal of time trying to test myself.

I love shortcuts.

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes, i agree

i have used 3g only for the last month....unless i have to drive up north into rural areas.

i find the 3g only signal on .162 is stronger.

Woodard2589 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i'm not in a 3g area and since i heard that 2g only option is not going to be available for the att bold, im wondering if since there is not 3g network to pick up if it will still suck up battery like yours does and the other provlem with both selected. anyone have any ideas?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodard2589 View Post
    i'm not in a 3g area and since i heard that 2g only option is not going to be available for the att bold
    No worries as the info you have is wrong.
    AT&T 3G phones will automatically drop down from 3G (when not available) to EDGE (2G). This was another reason for the delay. AT&T demands this type of functionality out of every manufacturer that supplies them with 3G phones. Since it works automatically you simply use & enjoy the phone.

sent via BlackBerry

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

I noticed that 2G + 3G always produced error on rogers 125 OS before the update we got, since my 2nd day of owning a bold I have had it on 3G onlt

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Apparently AT&T somehow disables the "Network Mode" option which lets you specify 3G, 2G&3G or 2G - people are speculating that it is somehow locked out when you use an AT&T SIM. A bunch of people are pretty upset that you can't force 2G only - seems pretty silly to buy this phone to just force 2G. But what I want to know is, does AT&T therefore force you into 2G&3G mode rather than letting you put it in 3G only? I live in Manhattan also and based on this post would prefer to put the phone in 3G only.

Don't have the phone yet so I can't test it.

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow nice find and I tested moodio streaming radio
    And there's less if not any hickups now

Tests continue... U da man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast