Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Rat, all the issues you had with the 9700? You said it rebooted on its ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Rat, all the issues you had with the 9700? You said it rebooted on its own once......that's "all the issues"?

Eh, whatever, bro. Can't say I haven't also been tempted to try out an iPhone. It's a pretty slick device all-in-all.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Congrats on the iphone, I'm sure you will enjoy it, I'm running one on my att account, once the new wore off on all the cool apps I found myself reaching for my BB. I tried to give the iphone the chance to become my main device but it just isn't up to the task. Anyway, for sure get it jailbroken, I do have a feeling that you'll be back as most former BB users are, not all but most. I will say this, Android looks to be where it is at, the only problem I see with android is going to be the ability for hacks by unwanted people writing programs. That being said, I think that we should really start a section on security of devices and how that security actually works, we too many times as users just click yes to permissions without actually knowing what were clicking. This is especially true in apple and android phones that have been either jailbroken or rooted. Have fun with your new device, I hope it serves you well for your needs. Peace.

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    LOL!!! Does this mean we can call you a silly iphone yuppy now? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    So far I'm not liking the fact that I have to provide itunes with some personal information (credit card) in order for me to get billed like crazy as part of my registration. I guess ima have to jailbreak this sucker. I like the interface and all but I was missing my flashing led all nite last nite :cry:
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Rat, all the issues you had with the 9700? You said it rebooted on its own once......that's "all the issues"?

Eh, whatever, bro. Can't say I haven't also been tempted to try out an iPhone. It's a pretty slick device all-in-all.

i was also experience dropped calls left and right for nearly 2 weeks. I was thinking it could be fixed with a OS wipe. i did and it still persisted and not to mention that one message icon after being checked constantly showing up again and I could not open a text message sent to me while in the middle of a conversation just kept on adding to my decision but at the end of the day I kinda miss my old 8900 .

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Congrats on the iphone, I'm sure you will enjoy it, I'm running one on my att account, once the new wore off on all the cool apps I found myself reaching for my BB. I tried to give the iphone the chance to become my main device but it just isn't up to the task. Anyway, for sure get it jailbroken, I do have a feeling that you'll be back as most former BB users are, not all but most. I will say this, Android looks to be where it is at, the only problem I see with android is going to be the ability for hacks by unwanted people writing programs. That being said, I think that we should really start a section on security of devices and how that security actually works, we too many times as users just click yes to permissions without actually knowing what were clicking. This is especially true in apple and android phones that have been either jailbroken or rooted. Have fun with your new device, I hope it serves you well for your needs. Peace.

I'm gonna try to prisonbreak it tonight with the help of Deb and see if it works out. I want my matrix theme on this shenanigan lol.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...What about the camera flash ? Can't go no NYC and take pics like you did ! And the earphones ? Come on Raton !
    I'm rubbing it in, I know, but it's not pleasurable!
    I am also waiting for a new post "...beyotch 2 ".
    Sooner or later ...

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...What about the camera flash ? Can't go no NYC and take pics like you did ! And the earphones ? Come on Raton !
    I'm rubbing it in, I know, but it's not pleasurable!
    I am also waiting for a new post "...beyotch 2 ".
    Sooner or later ...

LMAO @ beyotch 2.

I know the camera flash is definitely a turn off. If only at&t would carry the storm soon i'll sell this shenanigan and crawl back to it now that i've been exposed to a humongous screen I don't wanna go back yet

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    How do you like the touch screen? My mother-in-law has one and I was playing with it at thanksgiving and the touch screen was ok but I didn't like the key pad. It would take some getting used to. Or maybe my fingers are just to big, lol!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    How do you like the touch screen? My mother-in-law has one and I was playing with it at thanksgiving and the touch screen was ok but I didn't like the key pad. It would take some getting used to. Or maybe my fingers are just to big, lol!
    my fingers are average so no problems there. I'm getting used to it. One this for sure is that I won't have to deal with that trackball anymore period. lol

I loved the trackpad while i had it but for some reason I don't understand why that 9700 was acting up like that, i was so happy when I first got it and all and then wham the horror...issues emerged Who knows the camera might be a big factor for me so i may back sooner than expected. I might just put this phone up for sale very soon if you guys keep taunting me with your shiny beyotches.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, that's a bummer about your 9700. Mine's been great, even through 3 OS upgrades already!

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Wow. The rate that bb getting traded for another device. One day we can tell our grandkids about this legendary phone a "Blackberry".

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I am stuck and definitely will not move from my OS .321.
    Maybe because my 9700 is not bound to any carrier makes the difference . I've had NO PROBLEMS since the day I got it ! And it's a month now...
    I'm with Vodafone by choice - since my BB is "free" I've tried 2 other carriers in Portugal (TMN and OPTIMUS), travelled through Spain (omnitel and Vodafone SP) southern France (lots of different carriers) and in Italy (Wind) and you know what ? Works like a charm !
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-16-2009 at 02:12 PM.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Get that phone jailbroke and you'll love it more. Congrats on taking the plunge
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    +1

I could not agree more

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Yeah, that's a bummer about your 9700. Mine's been great, even through 3 OS upgrades already!
    It's a BlackBerry in Kit Form...ha..ha..ha..

OS update, OS update, OS, update, OS, update.... got nothing better to do? Buy a BlackBerry

RIM's newfound way to enlist the consumer to debug their phones, brilliant

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast