Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Originally Posted by mobile99 It's a BlackBerry in Kit Form...ha..ha..ha.. OS update, OS update, OS, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    It's a BlackBerry in Kit Form...ha..ha..ha..

OS update, OS update, OS, update, OS, update.... got nothing better to do? Buy a BlackBerry

RIM's newfound way to enlist the consumer to debug their phones, brilliant
    Ditto !

Blackberry clients are all FIDGETERS by nature !
    What other maker of smartphones allows or openly permits so many OS Beta's and whatnots, to test, dl and go back to original and don't like this, let's try something else,and so on and so forth ?
    NONE !
    Correct me please, if I am wrong...
    And then when all the testing is done, bang I'm gonna buy a IPhone or a WM or a Symbian etc and then folks you have nothing to fidget with. And also, no complaining !
    It's take or leave it !
    Or buy the next model coming next year ...

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Ditto !

Blackberry clients are all FIDGETERS by nature !
    What other maker of smartphones allows or openly permits so many OS Beta's and whatnots, to test, dl and go back to original and don't like this, let's try something else,and so on and so forth ?
    NONE !
    Correct me please, if I am wrong...
    And then when all the testing is done, bang I'm gonna buy a IPhone or a WM or a Symbian etc and then folks you have nothing to fidget with. And also, no complaining !
    It's take or leave it !
    Or buy the next model coming next year ...
    Excellent Post!

The sad fact is that RIM * USED to make Great BlackBerry's that were ready to use out of the box. A finished product....heh! What a concept. I had no fewer than TEN terrific, brand new BlackBerry's, beginning with the 8700.

An early adopter, the only reason I would buy a new one every time they released one was because I wanted to, not because the "old one had any problems. Every single one I bought was wonderful and turned me into a huge believer in RIM and the BlackBerry platform. Then disaster struck as complacency set it, RIM got lazy and stopped delivering finished ready to use OS's with the advent of the Bold 9000.

Now the new users simply don't know any better, and it's not their fault! RIM has sold them a bill of goods and they accept that OS updating is how it is. And don't get me wrong I love BlackBerry's when they work. Not only that I still believe that one day they will wake up, return to their old responsible ways and get with the program. When they do, if it's not too late, I may even try one.

Good News? Yes, we have Great News!

1) Get an iPhone3Gs, it's ready right out of the box.
    2) Get any other smartphone, and it's ready to use.

Thankfully there is nothing better than competition and choices.

I'm loving my Droid and iPhone3Gs!

They free up the time I would be wasting on BlackBerry troubleshooting, so I can just enjoy using the phone to do what I want.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Blackberry's are great !
    The philosophy that drives RIM is very questionable ! You're right!
    And yet their client base source (industry professionals, economy pros, governments (plural here),Etc etc are so busy with what they do (their work), they have no time to consider OS problems and whatever. The phone is a working tool - either it does what it's meant to do or it's goodbye, whatever the substitute may be!
    It's us morons that waste time with all these considerations.
    Sorry bud, I feel negative vibes today; but I know when we are all taken for suckers.
    And we either go with the flow,enjoy the fact, or do whatever ... Or bail out !
    Or settle for a cheap phone model, whatever it's make, which does most of what we really need, anyway !
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-16-2009 at 06:13 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm still a Blackberry lover no matter what. This idud better comply or else it's going for sale . I want at&t to get the storm 2 and i'll sell this shenanigan asap. No iphone can do what my bb used .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I'm still a Blackberry lover no matter what. This idud better comply or else it's going for sale . I want at&t to get the storm 2 and i'll sell this shenanigan asap. No iphone can do what my bb used .
    I disagree. My iPhone does everything my BB did and more, except for the lack of a camera flash.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I disagree. My iPhone does everything my BB did and more, except for the lack of a camera flash.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Admit it!

Let's jailbreak this sucker lady.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Let me put it this way:
    1.What smartphone, in one way or another, does what an iPhone does ? Answer, all of them !
    2. Which smartphone allows you to play (endlessly) with it's OS ? Answer - BB !
    3. How long does an IPhone owner have to wait for an OS update ? Answer: 1 year for an announcement and another of anxiousness for the update - and it's never what you expected.
    And I can carry on...
    So, besides all faults, BB is still my choice !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    almost got lured away from my Berry a month or so ago, but you're right Del, I AM a fidgiter, so I decided to keep my Berry.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Chokem - I bought my wife the original IPhone, then the 3G and now she has the 3Gs - she is in heaven with it and will not swap or hear anything about me even borrowing it for a while ...I'm happy with that ! But then she ain't a fidgeter or is in any way interested in all the apps there are. The apps she has is what I downloaded for her originally.
    The iPhone is a tool for her, that's it !
    For me ? It's boring !

Precisely!

I will be the first to admit that I was a bit reluctant going into this purchase only because of the all the naysayers.

I'm so glad I ignored their speculation, gloom and doom. I love my iPhone3Gs.

I'm still a Blackberry lover no matter what.
    So why all the long posts / thread / rants / questions / commentary?

Stick with your BlackBerrys, they've served you well.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Rat, all the issues you had with the 9700? You said it rebooted on its own once......that's "all the issues"?

Eh, whatever, bro. Can't say I haven't also been tempted to try out an iPhone. It's a pretty slick device all-in-all.
    i was also experience dropped calls left and right for nearly 2 weeks. I was thinking it could be fixed with a OS wipe. i did and it still persisted and not to mention that one message icon after being checked constantly showing up again and I could not open a text message sent to me while in the middle of a conversation just kept on adding to my decision but at the end of the day I kinda miss my old 8900 .
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...What about the camera flash ? Can't go no NYC and take pics like you did ! And the earphones ? Come on Raton !
    I'm rubbing it in, I know, but it's not pleasurable!
    I am also waiting for a new post "...beyotch 2 ".
    Sooner or later ...
    LMAO @ beyotch 2.

I know the camera flash is definitely a turn off. If only at&t would carry the storm soon i'll sell this shenanigan and crawl back to it now that i've been exposed to a humongous screen I don't wanna go back yet

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910