Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Originally Posted by jzarowitz Tried .167, .185 and .190... Well, sorry to hear this. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

conker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E86E3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Tried .167, .185 and .190...
    Well, sorry to hear this. I am just glad this problem is not nearly pervasive as the Xbox360 Hardware problems

I haven't read the whlole thread, but I imagine you have wiped the thing clean, re-installed .190, tried to isolate if it's a combination of applications, etc. I realize you the consumer should not have to go through this tinkering and pain, but sometimes you have to work with the hand that is dealt to you.

I am happy as a clam with mine.

I am really sorry to hear your troubles. I hope someone here can help you.
    NOT posted from an iPhone

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you for your wishes! I believe the problem has been resolved.

conker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E86E3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So what was the fix?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by conker View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So what was the fix?
    Defeat by rim and att... Corporate powerhousing wore me out. I gave in to them and gave up on bold.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Defeat by rim and att... Corporate powerhousing wore me out. I gave in to them and gave up on bold.
    Your actions are completely understandable and I'm sorry that it came to that, but it is what it is. Two large coporations that are less than consumer friendly when the chips are down. Completely contrary to their advertising hype. It was their loss. The sad part is that they actually get away with this show of irresponsibility.

Have you had a chance to decide which direction you are going now?

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm sorry to hear you've had to give up on the Bold, jzarowitz. This kind of reminds me of every experience I had with WM phones a year ago.

Ultimately you have to go with what works for you. Good luck.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    Wow sorry to hear that. Im actually finding my Bold to be one of the best built devices Ive had. Leapyears above my curve which I had to take apart every month just to clear the dust on the screen. No squeeks, rattles or anything of the sort. Battery life is superb also even with 3g and bluetooth on all day.

Dunno what to tell you. Luck of the draw I guess.

i'm going to save that i have to AGREE with this post. this is the best BB device i've seen in a while, the curve was a step in the right direction, the BOLD is top of the line. no problems, easy user interface, the functions are a step above the rest, just all in all a great device for any blackberry user
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by conker View Post
    I am happy as a clam with mine.
    I'm very glad to hear that yours is living up to your standards and that you are enjoying it.
    Last edited by archer6; 12-05-2008 at 04:50 PM.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It really seems that there are only a handful of bad devices (and some really unlucky individuals).

I talked to my ATT rep and he said that they've had about 50 go through their store (not sure exactly what that means) and he said that only a few were returned. The ones that were seemed to be from the first batch in his opinion. He got one out of the second batch and has been using it without any problem. Says it's one of the best devices he's seen to date.

I almost picked one up. He offered me the $399 w/ $100 MIR that the other store in my area didn't seem to have available.

We'll see. I almost did it but decided to wait. I think I'm hoping that if I wait until the 3g comes (week or two) then it might come down in price a bit. But if it doesn't by the time the MIR expires, I think I'm going to go for it anyway. We'll see.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I talked to my ATT rep and he said that they've had about 50 go through their store (not sure exactly what that means) and he said that only a few were returned. The ones that were seemed to be from the first batch in his opinion.
    Did he say, or did you get a sense that in terms of when these "went through the store"?

Was it in the first few days, or was it at a later date, like the second week or?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Archer,

I'm really not positive. He's a good guy, but tends to be a bit secretive about internal secret type thing -- not that these would jeopardize anything, but still...

I did get the impression that they've had 50 go through since day one. He did seem to think that the initial batch had some QC issues, but was really confident that the latest were fantastic devices. He let me play with his Bold (not sure if it was a demo line or his personal) for about 20 minutes while he looked over my account and attempted to figure out ways to get me a better price. It ran smoothly and was WAY faster than my Curve -- something that the demo unit I had previously played with was not.

Also, I did get a chance to use the browser some. While there isn't 3g yet (so speed was comparable to my Curve), I did notice that overall, it seemed very similar to my Curve running OS 4.5. Pinstack didn't seem to look too bad either...

I'm still on the fence. if I could get a unit just like what he let me play with, I'd be fine with it. But still -- $299 isn't really cheap and I still think they may come down a small bit so I might wait.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

x doubl3 a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA6EC
    wow! SOUNDS LIKE YOUR JUST OVERLY PICKY! HAVE BAD LUCK? SOL? SORRY TO HEAR THAT.. i LOVE my bold. very reliable, tough device.
    Rockin' a 9530 on VZW(OS 4.7.0.141), 8330 on VZW.
    [BEST OF BOTH WORLDS]

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Glad to hear you're having good luck. I wish others were having the same luck!

In all honesty, I'm sure there are many people who are happy with their Bold. Unfortunately, there are a few with unresolved problems and that's what we're all here for!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456