Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by archer6 And your point is? Take a break or maybe lay down ... BlackBerry Bold forum

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    And your point is?
    Take a break or maybe lay down and then you can figure it out, or read my post (that wasn't directed to you) and this time slowly.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 12-03-2008 at 02:25 PM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    10 points for your humor.

I did not take it personally, nor was I being critical.. it was a tongue in cheek question. A product of my weird humor....

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Maybe we can all just agree to disagree about the BOLD.
    I'm most certain that we can agree to disagree... but this forum isnt about laying down and leaving opinions unshared. This is the perfect venue for providing individual user experiences for more than just the purpose of venting.

Many criticisms that people post to Pinstack about their devices have ended up being educational opportunities where someone was just ignorant to the workings of their device and it really wasnt broken. In my case, there are absolute flaws. But for some, maybe they just dont know about their device yet. So, users post as much information as possible, and see what results in terms of opinions back, or actual directions on how to fix the device.

While I started this post as a rant, warning included, those who chose to read my words signed up for the challenge of taking on the emotions and potentially negative posts of a rant (which is why I posted a warning!).

I respect your opinion of wanting us to shut up about how a few of many are having issues with our brand new multi-hundred dollar devices, but I dont agree and I will continue to post my user experiences accordingly.

Please try and see the benefit of how even a negative thread here or there can really help to even out the Pinstack community.

One of the greatest advantages to the BlackBerry platform is the variety of devices we have to choose from. All running a version of the BB OS. Unlike the others where the user has but one choice of form factors, sizes and types. Thus we have choices that are to be celebrated.

A public forum is by nature designed to encourage everyone to share their opinions, experiences, and perspectives. Speaking only for myself I appreciate the opportunity to read the points and counterpoints presented by the individuals making up this community. In my eyes it's a wonderful opportunity for learning, growth, and a great place to contribute.

That's my take...

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    I respect your opinion of wanting us to shut up about how a few of many are having issues with our brand new multi-hundred dollar devices, but I dont agree and I will continue to post my user experiences accordingly.

Please try and see the benefit of how even a negative thread here or there can really help to even out the Pinstack community.
    Here here!

This is one of the reasons I love PinStack. We don't all agree, but we have a very good forum to vent our frustrations and attempt to share solutions / workarounds.

Plus, it seems that generally, people are very respectful even if they don't agree.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Plus, it seems that generally, people are very respectful even if they don't agree.
    Exactly!

In fact I find PinStack particularly neutral and respectful compared to some of the forums I've been exposed to. The collective willingness to not only praise our beloved BlackBerrys, but point out their shortcomings when appropriate is a very powerful and valuable balance.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Does anyone here know what the cliche "agree to disagree" means? It's a friendly figure of speech. It's ok to post how you feel about RIM products and devices. But, after a while it's just whining. I'll do my best from now on to avoid silly threads such as this one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Silly is good, someone has to have a sense of humor... I'll volunteer!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Seriously! Sense of humor is very important - especially on an internet forum!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here! Here! To Pinstack!
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    What the heck are you guys doing that you have to update OSs every week? Maybe blackberry really isn't for you?
    So who is a blackberry for??? someone who doesn't mind waiting all these years for them to finally release a 3.5G device, paying $1000 for it, and then having reception, battery, and low memory issues on top of a slow browser??? Does that sound about right to you.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

conker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E86E3
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    this device is becoming less bold the more i use it... with increased use, its instability is shining through... its reaching its zenith of dysfunction. from the java errors on startup that require multiple further restarts, to the squeaky back door when typing, to a full battery drain in a matter of hours (while unused in its holster), this is not a reliable device. it seems to be that att customers were called upon for beta testing but we didnt know it at the time.

i am already on device #4 after having had the att rep go through some 5 additional boxes at the store to find a bold up to par in terms of build quality of my previous curve. the camera hole in the back didnt line up with the camera on multiple devices, and the frame/backdoor squeaks enternally. the speaker distorts on normal ring setting, and using the equipment in the box from the bold i hung onto leaves me with a usb cable that wont function unless i wiggle it around just right...

i am stuck with this bold, and im furious.

consider this an official offer to those on the forum... when att launches the wifi equipped curve, ill trade my bold away for that device without delay.

EDIT: i am seeking assistance from RIM in disposing of this device. ATT wont exchange back to a Curve (it violates the one time exchange within 30 day rule)
    wtf? What OS are you on?
    NOT posted from an iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    So who is a blackberry for??? someone who doesn't mind waiting all these years for them to finally release a 3.5G device, paying $1000 for it, and then having reception, battery, and low memory issues on top of a slow browser??? Does that sound about right to you.
    Very well said! You've summed it up nicely. I speak from experience. After buying FOUR new Bolds, I would not wish this incredible waste of time & money on anyone, much less a true BlackBerry enthusiast, like those of us here. People can either choose to believe me & be glad they are not the ones who have lost the time & money or they can go into denial & waste their own time & money only to realize they made a huge mistake.
    Really it's no different than gambling...after all you may get lucky..heh! Or not.
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

Quote Originally Posted by conker View Post
    wtf? What OS are you on?
    Give it up, it goes way beyond the OS.
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by conker View Post