Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

preach on! I haven't had any serious problems like the o.p. but merely the fact ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

preach on!

I haven't had any serious problems like the o.p. but merely the fact that the browser is a joke, and we have to upgrade the o.s. every week to try and fix bugs like reception, battery life and memory, this phone is not worth $1000. Especially when you factor in the physical build quality compared to other high end phones even lower in price.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am on my 3rd Bold already.

The first one I took back same day as the roller ball stopped working when sim was inserted

The second one was because there was what looked like a crack that showed on the camera

This 3rd one might go back as it freezes for a few seconds every now and then.

My colleague also has a Bold and this had the squeaky backdoor.

Out of all my 3 I have noticed that whenever I unlock the handset or at random times after it "sleeps" or comes out of the holster it has the habit of going to the camera!!! lol

Anyone else has the same cam issue?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I believe your camera issue is due to the fact that the convenience key takes so little pressure to depress its mispressed quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post

The first one I took back same day as the roller ball stopped working when sim was inserted

The second one was because there was what looked like a crack that showed on the camera

This 3rd one might go back as it freezes for a few seconds every now and then.

My colleague also has a Bold and this had the squeaky backdoor.

Out of all my 3 I have noticed that whenever I unlock the handset or at random times after it "sleeps" or comes out of the holster it has the habit of going to the camera!!! lol

Anyone else has the same cam issue?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    I believe your camera issue is due to the fact that the convenience key takes so little pressure to depress its mispressed quite a bit.
    I agree. That has to be what it is. This is the reason I have my convience key set to "nothing".

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, that didn't take long to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    preach on!

I haven't had any serious problems like the o.p. but merely the fact that the browser is a joke, and we have to upgrade the o.s. every week to try and fix bugs like reception, battery life and memory, this phone is not worth $1000. Especially when you factor in the physical build quality compared to other high end phones even lower in price.
    What the heck are you guys doing that you have to update OSs every week? Maybe blackberry really isn't for you?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    What the heck are you guys doing that you have to update OSs every week? Maybe blackberry really isn't for you?
    On another note, just where are all these a
    lledge updates coming from.

Good question!!!!

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2
    i love my bold, no problems with mine.

opera mini 4.2 is great for browsing also

ccelpjack no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold Resets

I'm now on my second Bold. The first one would reset itself throughout the day and then it finally died. The second one worked well for three days and now it is also acting up. Calls won't go out. It resets once or twice a day by itself. I've had enough.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    After many weeks, far too much time, and far too many problems with each of my _ FOUR _ Bold's... the party is over. My massive reserve of paitence depleted I say good riddens to the Bold.

Just "moved back into" a fresh new Curve 8310, the second one I've had as the first I have retired (as a spare) after one year of excellent performance.

It's a new day, and I'm more excited than ever to have a BlackBerry that Just Works!

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    After many weeks, far too much time, and far too many problems with each of my _ FOUR _ Bold's... the party is over. My massive reserve of paitence depleted I say good riddens to the Bold.

Just "moved back into" a fresh new Curve 8310, the second one I've had as the first I have retired (as a spare) after one year of excellent performance.

It's a new day, and I'm more excited than ever to have a BlackBerry that Just Works!
    I have had 5 Curves lol

I used my phones non stop for work hence high turn over.

Most are all self damage but T-Mobile UK is good if you have a business tariff coz they will change it regardless.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

Again, the 8900 is the device for you my friend .
    As i stated in another thread, my contacts are confirming to me that the 8900's OS's revision SHOULD correct every single one of the Bold's flaws.
    We will see when i get my own 8900 in the next couple of days - i will make a thorough examination of the device and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Again, the 8900 is the device for you my friend .
    As i stated in another thread, my contacts are confirming to me that the 8900's OS's revision SHOULD correct every single one of the Bold's flaws.
    We will see when i get my own 8900 in the next couple of days - i will make a thorough examination of the device and report back.
    Maybe we can all just agree to disagree about the BOLD. I haven't had any problems with my BOLD and all of the "flaws" you guys keep talking about. The BOLD rocks for some and not others. I'll just stop and leave it at that.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I haven't had any problems with my BOLD and all of the "flaws" you guys keep talking about. The BOLD rocks for some and not others.
    And your point is?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast