Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88

preach on! I haven't had any serious problems like the o.p. but merely the fact ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #46
    dubai_bb's Avatar
    dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    314

    Advertisement



    preach on!

    I haven't had any serious problems like the o.p. but merely the fact that the browser is a joke, and we have to upgrade the o.s. every week to try and fix bugs like reception, battery life and memory, this phone is not worth $1000. Especially when you factor in the physical build quality compared to other high end phones even lower in price.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

  2. #47
    londonmandan's Avatar
    londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    140
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I am on my 3rd Bold already.

    The first one I took back same day as the roller ball stopped working when sim was inserted

    The second one was because there was what looked like a crack that showed on the camera

    This 3rd one might go back as it freezes for a few seconds every now and then.

    My colleague also has a Bold and this had the squeaky backdoor.

    Out of all my 3 I have noticed that whenever I unlock the handset or at random times after it "sleeps" or comes out of the holster it has the habit of going to the camera!!! lol

    Anyone else has the same cam issue?

  3. #48
    jzarowitz's Avatar
    jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Posts
    724
    I believe your camera issue is due to the fact that the convenience key takes so little pressure to depress its mispressed quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I am on my 3rd Bold already.

    The first one I took back same day as the roller ball stopped working when sim was inserted

    The second one was because there was what looked like a crack that showed on the camera

    This 3rd one might go back as it freezes for a few seconds every now and then.

    My colleague also has a Bold and this had the squeaky backdoor.

    Out of all my 3 I have noticed that whenever I unlock the handset or at random times after it "sleeps" or comes out of the holster it has the habit of going to the camera!!! lol

    Anyone else has the same cam issue?

  4. #49
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    I believe your camera issue is due to the fact that the convenience key takes so little pressure to depress its mispressed quite a bit.
    I agree. That has to be what it is. This is the reason I have my convience key set to "nothing".

  5. #50
    budkleppe's Avatar
    budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    194
    Wow, that didn't take long to sell!

  6. #51
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    preach on!

    I haven't had any serious problems like the o.p. but merely the fact that the browser is a joke, and we have to upgrade the o.s. every week to try and fix bugs like reception, battery life and memory, this phone is not worth $1000. Especially when you factor in the physical build quality compared to other high end phones even lower in price.
    What the heck are you guys doing that you have to update OSs every week? Maybe blackberry really isn't for you?

  7. #52
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    What the heck are you guys doing that you have to update OSs every week? Maybe blackberry really isn't for you?
    On another note, just where are all these a
    lledge updates coming from.

  8. #53
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Good question!!!!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #54
    bbCT's Avatar
    bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35
    i love my bold, no problems with mine.

    opera mini 4.2 is great for browsing also

  10. #55
    ccelpjack's Avatar
    ccelpjack no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1

    Bold Resets

    I'm now on my second Bold. The first one would reset itself throughout the day and then it finally died. The second one worked well for three days and now it is also acting up. Calls won't go out. It resets once or twice a day by itself. I've had enough.

  11. #56
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    I am on my 3rd Bold already.
    After many weeks, far too much time, and far too many problems with each of my _ FOUR _ Bold's... the party is over. My massive reserve of paitence depleted I say good riddens to the Bold.

    Just "moved back into" a fresh new Curve 8310, the second one I've had as the first I have retired (as a spare) after one year of excellent performance.

    It's a new day, and I'm more excited than ever to have a BlackBerry that Just Works!


  12. #57
    londonmandan's Avatar
    londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    After many weeks, far too much time, and far too many problems with each of my _ FOUR _ Bold's... the party is over. My massive reserve of paitence depleted I say good riddens to the Bold.

    Just "moved back into" a fresh new Curve 8310, the second one I've had as the first I have retired (as a spare) after one year of excellent performance.

    It's a new day, and I'm more excited than ever to have a BlackBerry that Just Works!
    I have had 5 Curves lol

    I used my phones non stop for work hence high turn over.

    Most are all self damage but T-Mobile UK is good if you have a business tariff coz they will change it regardless.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    After many weeks, far too much time, and far too many problems with each of my _ FOUR _ Bold's... the party is over. My massive reserve of paitence depleted I say good riddens to the Bold.

    Just "moved back into" a fresh new Curve 8310, the second one I've had as the first I have retired (as a spare) after one year of excellent performance.

    It's a new day, and I'm more excited than ever to have a BlackBerry that Just Works!
    Again, the 8900 is the device for you my friend .
    As i stated in another thread, my contacts are confirming to me that the 8900's OS's revision SHOULD correct every single one of the Bold's flaws.
    We will see when i get my own 8900 in the next couple of days - i will make a thorough examination of the device and report back.

  14. #59
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Again, the 8900 is the device for you my friend .
    As i stated in another thread, my contacts are confirming to me that the 8900's OS's revision SHOULD correct every single one of the Bold's flaws.
    We will see when i get my own 8900 in the next couple of days - i will make a thorough examination of the device and report back.
    Maybe we can all just agree to disagree about the BOLD. I haven't had any problems with my BOLD and all of the "flaws" you guys keep talking about. The BOLD rocks for some and not others. I'll just stop and leave it at that.

  15. #60
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I haven't had any problems with my BOLD and all of the "flaws" you guys keep talking about. The BOLD rocks for some and not others.
    And your point is?


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •