Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hmmm, my bold is working great! Best blackberry I have owned. No complaints here! Hope ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Advertisement

Hmmm, my bold is working great! Best blackberry I have owned. No complaints here! Hope it works out for you Jarowitz.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    My hopes are to go back to a Curve. Unfortunately, ATT will not allow this w/o purchasing a new device at full price. The system is rigged to hang the customer.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    One thing to remember is this.....HAVE YOU LOADED any programs/APPS on the BOLD ?

Alot of programs that are out for BB's will install on the Bold with the NEW OS and seem to work fine.....but in the background there are causing issues.

Keep in mind the 4.6OS is brand new and not many APPS are coded for the new OS.

SO it could be certain apps that you or others have installed that are causing these issues.....

I have had my Bold for a month and haven't had one issue.....I have Google Maps, Whether Bug, and Peek-A-Boo installed and haven't had 1 issue with it

I also haven't had any issues with rattling or squeaky noises like others have.....but I tend to treat my BB with care....not saying you or others dont....jsut I make sure that I am not tossing it on my desk or on my pocket.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    My hopes are to go back to a Curve. Unfortunately, ATT will not allow this w/o purchasing a new device at full price. The system is rigged to hang the customer.
    Then sell the BOLD to someone on here that wants it....I know Female_MC is looking for one.....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    There was another stacker who had alot of issues with his and after keeping up with his post I don't remember if it was 4 or 5 exchanges last I read he finally got a Bold that he was happy with.
    That was me, an odyssey that I thought would never end. I had three in a row that were dreadful. Not just some nitpicky things but truly defective dreadful units. However patience and perseverance paid off and my fourth one, that is just shy of a week old, is terrific. And what a huge difference it is. While my experience reassured me when having doubts that it was not me being too picky but rather bad units, it was confirmed when working with AT&T.

I'm very happy that I tried a fourth time as now I have a Bold that is the complete opposite of my prior experiences. This one is terrific. Every aspect of it functions as it should, and I am now able to simply relax and enjoy it.

Cheers

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    As a long time AT&T / T-Mobile / Verizon customer, I can say with all honesty, they are all the same. Only the names have been changed, as they say. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are all bad, or good. What I am saying is that it really does depend more on the _person_ you get on the phone, than the carrier you are dealing with. It's big business, involving a lot of money, and they are all predatory to a certain extent.

I buy a large number of phones annually, and therefore I have found myself in your position. I might suggest that you call back, ask to have your case escalated to a supervisor if you have not already done so. The first person on the phone does not have any decision making authority to do what you would like to do. They will simply recite the policy to you. Once you get to level two, then there is a very good posssibility that you will get what you want. If not, tell them that you want to speak to the department that will terminate your account for you.

At this point, it's AT&T's policy to connect you with a "customer retention rep". You are now in a position of strength as they do not want to lose you. Tell them of your situation, that you find it unacceptable to you and that you are canceling your service. Next they will remind you of the $175 ETF, Early Termination Fee. Act as though it's no big deal and they will immediately begin to try and save the account. At this point, state that you want a new Curve plus credit back for the price difference, or whatever is needed. They will most likely give you a yes and get it done for you. I've only had to do this once when they would not work with me, and it was a very easy way to the solution I was looking for. I got my new phone 2 days later fedex at no cost to me.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    That was me, an odyssey that I thought would never end.
    Yes it was you.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    this device is becoming less bold the more i use it... with increased use, its instability is shining through... its reaching its zenith of dysfunction. from the java errors on startup that require multiple further restarts, to the squeaky back door when typing, to a full battery drain in a matter of hours (while unused in its holster), this is not a reliable device. it seems to be that att customers were called upon for beta testing but we didnt know it at the time.

i am already on device #4 after having had the att rep go through some 5 additional boxes at the store to find a bold up to par in terms of build quality of my previous curve. the camera hole in the back didnt line up with the camera on multiple devices, and the frame/backdoor squeaks enternally. the speaker distorts on normal ring setting, and using the equipment in the box from the bold i hung onto leaves me with a usb cable that wont function unless i wiggle it around just right...

i am stuck with this bold, and im furious.

consider this an official offer to those on the forum... when att launches the wifi equipped curve, ill trade my bold away for that device without delay.

EDIT: i am seeking assistance from RIM in disposing of this device. ATT wont exchange back to a Curve (it violates the one time exchange within 30 day rule)
    after reading your post only one thing comes to my mind as far as your first paragraph of issues is concerned : software update.
    What software are you on ?

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Jzarowitz, sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I've had my bold less then 48 hours but I have not encountered a single issue you have described, and I've loaded a LOT of applications and modified almost anything I can to taylor the phone to my preference. Hopefully you don't give up, NONE of the issues you described are typical by design...I guess its just a matter of time until you work your way out of that bad batch/luck.

The Bold is a truely amazing device that deserves every bit of praise we can give it, its just to bad RIM wasn't consistent enough with their quality control.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    after reading your post only one thing comes to my mind as far as your first paragraph of issues is concerned : software update.
    What software are you on ?
    all issues i mentioned pertaining to software were present on att .167, tim .185 and avea .190

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Mine works pretty good other then the battery only lasts a day or two. But that seems to be nothing to complain about compared to others.

But I got one of those Made In Canada 1 ones from Rogers

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by RCode View Post
    Mine works pretty good other then the battery only lasts a day or two. But that seems to be nothing to complain about compared to others.

But I got one of those Made In Canada 1 ones from Rogers
    As did I, does it make that much of a difference?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    As did I, does it make that much of a difference?
    According to some reports it does make a difference. Mine was made in Canada as well and i had never had a problem with it.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I can't believe that with the delays on releasing the Bold with AT&T, there are still this many problems.

I can safely say that the problems in Canada are minimal. No where near as many as AT&T.

What I am curious to see, is the problem hardware or network related? I find it hard to believe that after swapping out the device several times, you still have a problem. Is the AT&T 3G network that bad?

What about all the people that have unlocked Rogers units on the AT&T network. Do they have the same problems?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I have had zero network issues with the bold. 3g works fine. These are all handset specific issues.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast