Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

this device is becoming less bold the more i use it... with increased use, its ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

RANT WARNING: no reason to be called a bold...how about the bb dull?

Advertisement

this device is becoming less bold the more i use it... with increased use, its instability is shining through... its reaching its zenith of dysfunction. from the java errors on startup that require multiple further restarts, to the squeaky back door when typing, to a full battery drain in a matter of hours (while unused in its holster), this is not a reliable device. it seems to be that att customers were called upon for beta testing but we didnt know it at the time.

i am already on device #4 after having had the att rep go through some 5 additional boxes at the store to find a bold up to par in terms of build quality of my previous curve. the camera hole in the back didnt line up with the camera on multiple devices, and the frame/backdoor squeaks enternally. the speaker distorts on normal ring setting, and using the equipment in the box from the bold i hung onto leaves me with a usb cable that wont function unless i wiggle it around just right...

i am stuck with this bold, and im furious.

consider this an official offer to those on the forum... when att launches the wifi equipped curve, ill trade my bold away for that device without delay.

EDIT: i am seeking assistance from RIM in disposing of this device. ATT wont exchange back to a Curve (it violates the one time exchange within 30 day rule)
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 11-25-2008 at 11:56 PM.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow sorry to hear that. Im actually finding my Bold to be one of the best built devices Ive had. Leapyears above my curve which I had to take apart every month just to clear the dust on the screen. No squeeks, rattles or anything of the sort. Battery life is superb also even with 3g and bluetooth on all day.

Dunno what to tell you. Luck of the draw I guess.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    Wow sorry to hear that. Im actually finding my Bold to be one of the best built devices Ive had. Leapyears above my curve which I had to take apart every month just to clear the dust on the screen. No squeeks, rattles or anything of the sort. Battery life is superb also even with 3g and bluetooth on all day.

x2....haven't had one complaint about my Bold and I have had it over a month and am a heavy email/text user.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i hope rim will help in some way... att will only exchange for another bold... which would be #5 since nov 5th for me due to these problems.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There was another stacker who had alot of issues with his and after keeping up with his post I don't remember if it was 4 or 5 exchanges last I read he finally got a Bold that he was happy with. It shouldn't be that way but it seems there is a bad batch floating around and if you keep faith and patience you may end up with a device you are very happy with like the others who have posted. Hope it works out for you and you get something you are happy with.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    There was another stacker who had alot of issues with his and after keeping up with his post I don't remember if it was 4 or 5 exchanges last I read he finally got a Bold that he was happy with. It shouldn't be that way but it seems there is a bad batch floating around and if you keep faith and patience you may end up with a device you are very happy with like the others who have posted. Hope it works out for you and you get something you are happy with.
    haha... that might have been me. i posted some of my experiences that sound like that... and i thought i had a good one, but i was wrong. perhaps you are correct that the bolds delivered to my region are bad...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    haha... that might have been me. i posted some of my experiences that sound like that... and i thought i had a good one, but i was wrong. perhaps you are correct that the bolds delivered to my region are bad...
    Nope wasn't you Hopefully it was a bad batch and RIM does do something for you. Like send you one from a different market. You will end up with a rockin Bold. Best of luck to you!!!!

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had my Bold for almost 3 months now (Rogers) and I'm loving every second of it.

That said, I have noticed a squeak with the battery door and I'm not a huge fan of the new style trackballs. (I've butchered my old curve for the trackball and it is as smooth as glass.)

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues but glad to hear you would still like to stay in the BlackBerry family.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its probably attributed to your software. I noticed you were floating in the beta and official .190 threads. If you load these OS's and then restore from a backup sometimes you can cause your phone problems. For instance I installed .185, then .190 beta, but that drained my battery without use in 3 hours. Annoying right? Well I reverted back to .185 then retryed it, and sure enough it works fine. I cant explain why it does it, but sometimes when messing with the OS it can get weird.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Hmmm. Interesting. Haven't had probs like that before with beta os. I'm running avea .190 now and probs remain. Also, the physical faults thrive regardless of os.
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    Its probably attributed to your software. I noticed you were floating in the beta and official .190 threads. If you load these OS's and then restore from a backup sometimes you can cause your phone problems. For instance I installed .185, then .190 beta, but that drained my battery without use in 3 hours. Annoying right? Well I reverted back to .185 then retryed it, and sure enough it works fine. I cant explain why it does it, but sometimes when messing with the OS it can get weird.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Here is the generic response I got from RIM. Any assistance from forums users on what to do next? Att turned their back and I guess I'm stuck.

Hello Joshua, Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. We have determined that your BlackBerry smartphone was purchased through AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless. AT&T fields general queries and provides technical support for all BlackBerry related issues. AT&T can be contacted directly by telephone at 1-800-331-0500. You may also visit AT&T on the Web at: http://www.wireless.att.com/support/ You may also have the option to receive fee-based support directly from Research In Motion, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please dial the appropriate telephone number below, and enter option 3 in the phone menu to be routed to BlackBerry Customer Care. If your organization has subscribed to BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please have one of your named callers contact the BlackBerry Technical Support team with your BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber code. This code is five digits in length and was supplied as part of your welcome package. Note: BlackBerry Technical Support Services is an annual subscription program providing software maintenance and technical support services for your BlackBerry wireless enterprise solution. Named callers are personnel within your organization who are authorized to contact our support staff. For more information on BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please visit: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...b_tab_overview All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. The BlackBerry Technical Solution Center provides a repository of support information, documentation and frequently asked questions, with enhanced search capabilities so you can easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. Please visit: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/ Thank you again for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support Joshua and have a nice day. Sincerely, Rakesh BlackBerry Customer Support Research In Motion Limited Tel: NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377 UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466 Europe: +44 1753 558400 Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181 Email: help@blackberry.net Web: www.blackberry.com ***Now Available - BlackBerry Training for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software administrators. For information about current course offerings, please visit www.blackberry.com/go/training.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I would say try and have AT&T send you a replacement device. Though your probably tired of doing that, you never know.

If it still gives you issues than you can say this is my 5th device...I myself plan on getting a Bold and having it unlocked to use on the T-mo network.

Hope everything works out for you.

-Female_MC

P.S. Does anyone on PS want to sell me their Bold, Ebay's pricing is getting out of control.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post

i am already on device #4 after having had the att rep go through some 5 additional boxes at the store to find a bold up to par in terms of build quality of my previous curve.

i am stuck with this bold, and im furious.

consider this an official offer to those on the forum... when att launches the wifi equipped curve, ill trade my bold away for that device without delay.

EDIT: i am seeking assistance from RIM in disposing of this device. ATT wont exchange back to a Curve (it violates the one time exchange within 30 day rule)
    Ironically, I'm on my fourth Bold. Time will tell, but to have to go to the lengths that you and I have gone to, is far more than the average consumer would put up with. So far while this Bold is performing well, the browser renders the forum threads in PinStack so incredible small that it's an exercise in frustration trying to post here. As a result my participation in PinStack is seriously hampered, by at least 50%. When I go to other forums it's a mixed bag. Some are just as unreadable as PinStack and others are quite satisfactory.

That RIM as well as AT&T would ship a BlackBerry with a browser this poor is a sad commentary on their lack of attention.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Still waiting for my Javelin...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    This is a statement that speaks volumes of RIMs decline in quality and QC. Gambling in the hopes of getting lucky? Just to get one that works, doesn't sound like what purchasing a top of the line BB should be like. It would be like buying a new Mercedes and having them say "hope you're lucky and got a good one"....... as you drive out having just dropped $90K.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast