Hi all, Just wondering if any of you have experienced this issue whereas an application ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3

Quickpull question and issue

Advertisement

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this issue whereas an application (i.e quickpull ) in my case is not fully removed even after deleting it? I even did a search on the files librairies and they are not found.

Where trying to reinstall it OTA it says that the library is already there and then incompatible.

How can i completely delete any traces of this app?

much appreciated

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Are you doing a battery pull after deleting apps?

yeah... seems that when reinstalling it finds that module relating to the app. Not normal

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    to start with go to options, applications, then hit the menu key and select modules and search if you have any module related to quickpull, we can take after that from there
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Oh i do, seems like they did not get uninstalled !
    quickpullibrary and quickpullmonitor

I can't delete them can I ?

BTW does quickpull bog down our phone in any way ?

PIN/ID
    nada
    yes, Quickpull will bog down your phone. Are you sure you're tring to delete this from the application list and not just deleting the screen icon? Go to options>applications>then scroll down to the Quickpull entry>hit the function button>scroll down and select delete. If youre on a 9700 it will be under third party apps; 9000 in your regular app list. Your device info didnt state which one. After deletion, pull your battery. If you are on a 9700, Quickpull doesnt work well at all on 5.0 OS, at least mine, and Ive heard the same from other 9700 users. you can accomplish the same thing as a battery pull by pressing alt/right shift/delete buttons on your device.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

I don't see it anymore in options>applications...
    But I do see the 2 modules still left on device when I check the modules list .

How can I remove them as I don't get the delete option when I click on them.

Anyways I just want to get rid of them if you say it bogs down the phone.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I dont know why they are still showing up. The entire app slows down your device, at least it did mine. It worked perfectly on my Bold 9000's, which were running 4.6 OS. I wouldnt worry about whats left on your device. Which Bold do you have-9000 or 9700, and it would be a good idea to put this info in your device info.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    QP isn't playing well with any version of 5.0 at the moment. You have to scroll down to the restart now button to make it do it. Chokem is right that that key sequence will do the exact same thing. If you're not comfortable removing COD's through a program such as BBSAK, I would try to reinstall the app and remove it again. See if it removes the modules. If not, we can remove them manually through the method I mentioned above.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I just reinstalled the original app and then deleted from applications as sometimes apps don't get cleared well if you delete from homescreen.
    All is good now and i'm using restartme app.

Thank you all for the help

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I had to re-install then delete through Desktop Manager, but there's one piece that's still there called Reset. I'm pretty sure it's related to QuickPull as DM even said it was removing that module. I guess I'll have to remove that one through BBSAK.