I have the download in my E-Mail. Before I hit the download button there is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2

Quickpull (free) download

Advertisement

I have the download in my E-Mail. Before I hit the download button there is a little box you can check or leave unchecked, it reads (set application permissions). Should I check this box before downloading Quickpull free to my 9700. (It's the Quickpull for the 5.0.... OS.

Thank You

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You should, otherwise it won´t load !
    There is no harm in the application, I have been using it for months now... and it works, now, on the 9700.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the imfo.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Downloaded the paid version this morning, but can't get it to work.

I press the RESET button and get the dialog box saying the device will reboot in 5 seconds, but nothing ever happens. I press ESC and get a message stating something went wrong and to check the device log for errors, but there's nothing there.

Anybody else experience this?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    instead of hitting the scape key, if the device doesnt reset, open quick pull again and select reset once the dialog open select reset now....that should fix it...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Seems to be working now. Reset permissions, rebooted, then set permissions again.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Seems to be working now. Reset permissions, rebooted, then set permissions again.
    Hey rog
    The free version works and functions just as well buddy ! It´s available on the App World !
    I´m sorry I saw your post late, or else I´d told you !
    Also, make sure your pro version is for the 5.0 OS - that problem was with a few bugs the program had, which were eventually fixed (that´s why I say ...' it works now '...)
    the version on App World is the correct one !

Downloaded the free version. I figured the free version would take up less meemory, not because I'm cheap. My question, always have questions sorry guys, I noticed the free version has a register spot, do I register or not and by the way it works great. Checked my memory and it never moved. What is the difference between the free version and the pro?? Is the pro worth the extra memory it takes up?

Thanks again

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyjr View Post
    Downloaded the free version. I figured the free version would take up less meemory, not because I'm cheap. My question, always have questions sorry guys, I noticed the free version has a register spot, do I register or not and by the way it works great. Checked my memory and it never moved. What is the difference between the free version and the pro?? Is the pro worth the extra memory it takes up?

Thanks again
    I have both buddy, and they are exactly the same !
    I also thought by bying the pro version (it was for a 8900) I´d get something extra. But I haven´t seen any of this...unless I´m wrong, or blind (?)
    I´ve had my free one working for the last month and a half, faultlessly. I DID NOT REGISTER, just in case...
    The device reboot DOES clear memory... especially noticeable after 3 or more days usage. This is beacuse the 9700 has very little memory leakage.

Suggestion: try these apps (they are small and free)
    BB Atomichelix Note Program
    http://www.atomichelix.com/downloads...lix_notify.jad

Atomichelix Task Program
    http://www.atomichelix.com/downloads...ix_taskify.jad

...and let me know !

They add functions to your message folder (Options - Save to Note or to Tasks )
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-07-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks, I tried the quickpull and it worked great. I like the idea of being able to schedule it while I'm sleeping. It doesn't take up memory space and it's very convenient. Going to check those Apps you sugested. Once again thanks.