Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Normally when browsing over to pinstack or checking my bank account I would only have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4

question for the pro's

Advertisement

Normally when browsing over to pinstack or checking my bank account I would only have to reenter my sign on name once in a great while because I check the little box that's says save. For the past few days I have been having to retype my name, password, and such every single time....which is very rare for pistack because I am usually logged in 100% of the time....I just don't understand why all of a sudden I have to do this. I have a 9700 on OS-4.05. Been with it since it came out. Any clues? Only thing I've downloaded this week is pictocons

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Might be a cache issue... open your Browser > Menu > Options > Cache Operations > then clear everything including cookies... then close the browser completely... then open it again and check, the first time you'll have to enter your password because all the cookies have been deleted, but it should work ok after that... just a theory.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Your login credentials are stored in the cookies on your internet browser (this is the same for PC and bb. So if you clear the cookies or you have auto cleaning of cookies on exit it will remove the login inFormation

On some PC's you can speify which cookies you want to delete thus saving your login info.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Your login credentials are stored in the cookies on your internet browser (this is the same for PC and bb. So if you clear the cookies or you have auto cleaning of cookies on exit it will remove the login inFormation

On some PC's you can speify which cookies you want to delete thus saving your login info.
    very solid advice dushdavj!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Thanks a lot guys....I will try that and let you know how it goes.

So far so good. I thank you both. I don't know how that happened but now I know how to fix it. Thanks again.

Never mind, I thought the issue was resolved but it is still doing it

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Have you changed the browser you use for accessing the Internet recently?
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Seems to be an issue with PS since I have the same problem few days ago

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am still using 4.6. When I login to a website using the bb browser and tick remember the login info then it will write this information in a cookie. If I then go to options and delete cookies I have to login again. Otherwise I remain logged in.

So you need to check if there is an automatic option to delete cookies either by date or to save space or even when the browser closes

Bolt and opera min vs 5.0 both have password managers which place login credentials in place at the login page.

Your problem is likely linked to cookies being deleted

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I am still using 4.6. When I login to a website using the bb browser and tick remember the login info then it will write this information in a cookie. If I then go to options and delete cookies I have to login again. Otherwise I remain logged in.

So you need to check if there is an automatic option to delete cookies either by date or to save space or even when the browser closes

Bolt and opera min vs 5.0 both have password managers which place login credentials in place at the login page.

Your problem is likely linked to cookies being deleted
    No new browser being used and I always check the "save" box....I just don't understand....I've been through the options and everything....still the same outcome

What different websites have you been trying this with??? Just a thought, but the programmers of the sites might have made a mistake on picking up the cookies correctly... maybe it's just one or two websites.

Bank of america app, pinstack, crackberry.... I just don't understand....I don't think it is an issue with the OS which is .405

Might not be the OS, but at this point it might be easier for you to either reload the OS or upgrade your OS... unless you want to backup your device, then go into Advanced and clear out a couple of the databases relating to your Browser... maybe something was set or changed that you are over looking.

Works fine now...haven't touched it either...lol, just one of those things I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast