Under Icon media>menu>explore> their is System at bottom, with an option to delete, will this ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Question about system

Advertisement

Under Icon media>menu>explore> their is System at bottom, with an option to delete, will this delete all preloaded ringtones and locked pictures? If not what is this?

iLord is DEAD!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im not sure I would delete that, I looked at it, and it looks like it has some sytem files and stuff attached to it-not sure though
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Well I did delete something, forgot what now. ALL stock ringtone say the same as always but sound the same no matter which one you select. What did I do? OMG. Gonna try and send Service books and fix it.

iLord is DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Under Icon media>menu>explore> their is System at bottom, with an option to delete, will this delete all preloaded ringtones and locked pictures? If not what is this?
    Well no go.. I deleted the folder in system above,CreationInfo.txtand so on. When I go to media and click preloaded ring tones they are not there, but when I go to Profiles and edit for email, calendar and such it lists them all but all sond the same. I suppose I ither need that folder back to DL, or I need it off profiles.
    ANY SUGESTIONS?

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Don't know other than hook it up to your DTM and app loader and restore everything. I'm assuming when you got your Bold you did a full backup. You may have to DL the full OS again Corbin, not sure.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Well, Im sortta SOL on that one. I tried to delete my DTM when I got my Bold, to replace with current and it wont delete, so I said replace with existing and it stops at 99% and wont finnish so I cant even do that till I figure out what going on there. I think I may be able to use my moms DTM, BUT I only want back what I took off. Good rule to learn here boys n girls.................. if you dont know what your doing you shouldt be doing it!!!

iLord is DEAD!

Okay got it all back, so now I HAVE to find out why I cant delete DTM? I downloaded it fine but winzip wont unzip it. SO I have all day tomorrow to figure it out.

DO NOT DELETE WHAT YOU ARE NOT SURE OF... Service books fixed it also with a master reset, I have some research to do.

Thanks Glenn, I will be it touch with you tomorrow
    Last edited by sooner; 05-10-2009 at 10:25 PM.

iLord is DEAD!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You need to perform a clean unintal of DTM there is tread with a how to, after that you will bw able to reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    You need to perform a clean unintal of DTM there is tread with a how to, after that you will bw able to reinstall
    Perhaps at your convenience you can explain to me as to why? No hurries.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Okay got it all back, so now I HAVE to find out why I cant delete DTM? I downloaded it fine but winzip wont unzip it. SO I have all day tomorrow to figure it out.

DO NOT DELETE WHAT YOU ARE NOT SURE OF... Service books fixed it also with a master reset, I have some research to do.

Thanks Glenn, I will be it touch with you yomorrow
    No problem C-mail me tomorrow.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You may have missing or corrupted registries of DTM and when you try to reinstall those are causing conflicts, once those are cleared you'll be good to go
    Hope I'm being clear...

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just curious...
    What possessed you to come here, ask about deleting somethi g from your device, get a reply within less than 20 minutes recommending against, yet half an hour after asking you come back and say you went ahead and did it and now things are AFU? I mean seriously! Why do people do this sort of move and then cry to the stacks for help?

Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    Just curious...
    What possessed you to come here, ask about deleting somethi g from your device, get a reply within less than 20 minutes recommending against, yet half an hour after asking you come back and say you went ahead and did it and now things are AFU? I mean seriously! Why do people do this sort of move and then cry to the stacks for help?
    Well I was asking about something tottaly diferent than what I deleted. I deleted the samples and was asking bout the other files below samples.