My gf has a bold but something was up with the casing so she took ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about service while switching between same phones

My gf has a bold but something was up with the casing so she took it back to ATT and they gave her a brand new phone to replace it with. I know when you switch from a pearl to an iphone or a curve to a bold or whatever, you can see a difference in the quality of service/reception you have on the phone.

after switching from her curve to the bold, she had much better service but now that she changed between bolds, she feels like her service is much worse and that her calls are dropping a lot. is it possible for this to happen? i thought it's only the case when switching between different styles of phones. thanks

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It sounds like it can be hardware related or OS related. What OS does she have? Has she tried to update it?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    More than likely they just switched devices. When I got my new Bold it had a broken case as well and they gave me another unit immediately without even replacing part. I have the same problems with my phone but I just figured it just has something to do with the network in my area. Even when I had my Curve I had same problems as well Now it seems to be more frequent!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    My gf has a bold but something was up with the casing so she took it back to ATT and they gave her a brand new phone to replace it with. I know when you switch from a pearl to an iphone or a curve to a bold or whatever, you can see a difference in the quality of service/reception you have on the phone.

after switching from her curve to the bold, she had much better service but now that she changed between bolds, she feels like her service is much worse and that her calls are dropping a lot. is it possible for this to happen? i thought it's only the case when switching between different styles of phones. thanks
    Are the calls dropping in the exact same areas? At the same time of day?

The service will almost always be the same, and speaking from years of AT&T experience I've always found that if something like this is going on it's the phone, not the network. However that said, it's important to be sure and identify where this is happening, so that it can be reported. I know that once I had an issue in an area that formerly I had not experienced a problem in. Once I reported it to AT&T they fixed in it in less than 24 hours and thanked me for being very specific as to it's location. If no one calls in and reports it, then it's difficult for AT&T to be aware and fix it.

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks guys. i told her to make a note of where she has issues like you said. i guess she want by ATT today and they said her sim card was damaged, gave her a new one

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    thanks guys. i told her to make a note of where she has issues like you said. i guess she want by ATT today and they said her sim card was damaged, gave her a new one
    I hope it works better. I am on AT&T and wehn I had the Curve, I had very sh*tty reception and my calls kept on dropping. Later, I bought a Bold and my reception miraculously got better. However, there are places where I used to have reception and I now don't and vice versa.