Does anybody know if there is a download for chinese input on the Bold? I've ... BlackBerry Bold forum

peggerboi no está en línea Stack level 1

Question ***Question about language input

Advertisement

Does anybody know if there is a download for chinese input on the Bold? I've tried the CSL download, but no luck. I'm hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has done this. Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    this OS shows to be multi-language ... when you install the OS, make sure to go down the list of applications to be installed/updated to check chinese.

Thanks Cherri! I have downloaded the Rogers update and loaded it ,but still nothing. I will give it another try and see what happens. Thanks again!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    since im not familiar with the bold, i am of no use. but on the curve, et. al. when you load a brand new OS, it will want to run the set up wizard. thats where you delete unused languages, so maybe that's where you would add it? sorry im not 100% sure

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    since im not familiar with the bold, i am of no use. but on the curve, et. al. when you load a brand new OS, it will want to run the set up wizard. thats where you delete unused languages, so maybe that's where you would add it? sorry im not 100% sure
    i would go with Cherri's answer you probably just hit next at the language selection prompt and didnt select to keep some of them as by default the OS deletes all languages but english

i did the setup more than once and it never gave me a language prompt. Sorry it did give me a language prompt, but didn't have the one I was looking for. Hmmm?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh for Chinese huh ... maybe that means that you have to wait till a chinese speaking country gets the bold then youll be able to upgrade to their firmware and have chinese input (just like it works with the curve - someone correct me if im wrong)

artty no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nah man, the bold has already arrived in asia. Stock it had the language input, but i realized that once you updated to .162 the language option for chinese isn't avaliable either...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmm maybe the asian .162 isnt ready yet ? just trynna find a solution lol

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Try .167, it has Chinese fonts and Chinese inputs

PIN/ID
    AskMe

artty no está en línea Stack level 1
    just finished downloading the east asian package of .162 you can select asian fonts and reinstall it again...works perfectly