Hope all is well. I have a question regarding 3g and the bold. I have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

antelope1 no está en línea Stack level 2

QUESTION ABOUT BOLD and ATT.

Advertisement

Hope all is well. I have a question regarding 3g and the bold. I have an unlocked rogers bold and I am using it on AT&T. Someone had told me that i have to set up the APN configurations for the phone to run on 3G. Even though the phone shows 3G in the corner it still isnt running 3G speed unless the APN is set. Is this true? Please help. Thanks.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's not true at all. The advantage to using the carrier's APN at times is that it doesn't have to traverse back to the blackberry infrastructure. If you have 3G, then you're in 3G mode (and, as with all things, speeds will vary depending on how busy the base station is that you're connected to).

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    That's not true at all. The advantage to using the carrier's APN at times is that it doesn't have to traverse back to the blackberry infrastructure. If you have 3G, then you're in 3G mode (and, as with all things, speeds will vary depending on how busy the base station is that you're connected to).
    exactly the APN is kinda useless unless you need it for a specific carrier application that would REQUIRE it.