Twice now I've had my profiles changed back to default. First time I had added ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Profiles reset

Advertisement

Twice now I've had my profiles changed back to default. First time I had added a couple of programs that should have nothing to do with the profiles, but after I deleted them they changed back to default. Erased any new ones I had made and reset the others. Today I deleted a program that should not of had anything to do with the profiles and again any new ones were deleted and the normal ones were reset. Anybody go an idea what could cause this to happen.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Twice now I've had my profiles changed back to default. First time I had added a couple of programs that should have nothing to do with the profiles, but after I deleted them they changed back to default. Erased any new ones I had made and reset the others. Today I deleted a program that should not of had anything to do with the profiles and again any new ones were deleted and the normal ones were reset. Anybody go an idea what could cause this to happen.
    Did you recently update your OS?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

No I didn't. Its only a little over a week old now and no changes have been made to the OS. I'm just wondering if it could be something wrong with the BB it's self because I can still return it and get another one if so. I don't think that would be the problem but who knows with these things any more

sele no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had this same issue with my 8900. It seems to occur only when I install specific programs that use the profile settings for notifications. I don't know if it is a 4.6 problem or if it is a 3rd party app problem, but I don't think it is a hardware issue. Unfortunately I have not found a solution yet. But I did write down all the settings to make it easier in case it happens again. The two apps that I installed when it happened to mine were the newest Viigo and Ubertwitter.
    Follow my Twitter Prayer Chain @Ask4Prayer

I've never had this problem on any other BB so I could be a 4.6 issue. If so I hope they get it fixed before it makes it into all the other OS upgrades. I know I can back it up but it sucks when your out and your profiles get messed up, you have to take the time to redue them or miss getting notified when you get an email,sms or even a phone call

sele no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree, mine reset on me yesterday and my wife sent me 3 txt msgs before I noticed. Then I had to explain why I had been ignoring her questions.
    Follow my Twitter Prayer Chain @Ask4Prayer

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My profiles were reset today after uninstalling the AP news app. This is the first time I've has this happen. The only difference that I can find is that this time I uninstalled the app through App World instead of the applications menu... But it seems unlikely that that would be the root of the issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I delete mine from the app menu so I don't think app world is the problem. And some of the stuff I deleted was from app world and some from other sites.