Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello to all! I was looking to see if I would find the answer to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NYCALI09 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM ME

Professional Replacement of Trackball?????

Advertisement

Hello to all! I was looking to see if I would find the answer to my question before posting it, but no luck. My question is If there is a store that you can take your BB Bold to so that they can replace the trackball without voiding the warranty?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You can order a trackball online and replace it yourself. There are a few threads on here that walk you through it. I was nervous to do it but its really easy, ill post the links when I get home from work.

PIN/ID
    PM ME
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    You can order a trackball online and replace it yourself. There are a few threads on here that walk you through it. I was nervous to do it but its really easy, ill post the links when I get home from work.
    If you take apart your phone doesn't that void the warranty? What is that white looking sticker on one of the screws? Sorry for the questions just new to the "BB world"

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ok so im home from work, and after some searching i found THIS thread, it seems pretty tricky to replace the trackball. Guess its not as all the same as it was on the curve. Maybe another Bold user will jump in here and shed some light, sorry i couldnt help more man.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    It is TRICKY from what I hear torke wrench to take off the menu and backspace .

Curious tho? If its under warranty, and having issues with TRACKERBALL, why not take it back?

iLord is DEAD!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Because depending on what store you go to they say the trackball isn't under warranty.

Believe me, I went through a two hour in store argument with a rep and some managers about the tb on my pearl.

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You are under a one year warranty with at&t (assuming that's who you have). If you bought it at a store, all you have to do is call customer care, and they will send you out a replacement bold.

I personally dont like this cause they will replace your bold that you bought new with a refurbished unit. Replacing the trackball doesnt seem hard at all with the right tools. There is a good video explaining it at cnn.cn

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    you can call your insurance tell them what happened, you will have to pay some money for it to be replaced because you get a brand new one and you send your old phone into the insurance place. if its still under warranty then u still can get it under that or something ... but be sure to call insurance to get some information about your replacement about ur trackball..

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by vas729 View Post
    You are under a one year warranty with at&t (assuming that's who you have). If you bought it at a store, all you have to do is call customer care, and they will send you out a replacement bold.

I personally dont like this cause they will replace your bold that you bought new with a refurbished unit. Replacing the trackball doesnt seem hard at all with the right tools. There is a good video explaining it at cnn.cn

Just like I was sugesting, dont take back to store, take back to a service center and they will give you a brand new one. Been there done that a few times.

iLord is DEAD!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    From what I know, if you mess up that little sticker on the screw, you are avoiding the warranty. If you can do it without messing up that sticker (AND placing the sticker all nicely back on there), then no harm done.

PIN/ID
    PM ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    From what I know, if you mess up that little sticker on the screw, you are avoiding the warranty. If you can do it without messing up that sticker (AND placing the sticker all nicely back on there), then no harm done.
    That's what I thought. I just wanted to change my trackball to say a black because I've had my blackberry now for a month and its getting a bit dirty. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my cellphones. You can really tell its lost its clear white look when your outside or in a bright room.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCALI09 View Post
    That's what I thought. I just wanted to change my trackball to say a black because I've had my blackberry now for a month and its getting a bit dirty. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my cellphones. You can really tell its lost its clear white look when your outside or in a bright room.
    Oh man, I was thinking the same thing about my trackball. I think I may have OCD. I keep my hands super clean when playing w/ the bb, but I can tell that my trackball has lost some of its whiteness and is turning a bit gray. Yeah, if you make the sticker look like it's been tampered with and you try to exchange your bb, they will say that you have voided warranty. My best bet is to wait until the year is up (for bb manufacturer's warranty) and THEN get it replaced either professionally or on your own. You just have to be very careful with that one little white sticker. And yes, I got this from a reputable source (someone who fixes phones for a living).

Oh btw, I wanted to exchange my trackball to the black (atomic) one like the G1/8900, too. I just have to wait until November of this year.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    It is actually very easy to change the trackball out. You need a T5 or T6 screwdriver and do have to basically take the BB apart but it's not as scary to do as one might think. As was posted before cnn.cn has a video for both taking it apart AND putting it back together. They also sell the replacement trackballs in several different colors.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    i guess the bold is different then the curve, cause the curve and pearl you just pop out.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast