Hi, I have the 9700 for several months and I started to experience issues with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dariusf no está en línea Stack level 1

Question problems with calls

Advertisement

Hi, I have the 9700 for several months and I started to experience issues with calls. It would have full strength signal on Edge or 3G, I dial out, hear the ringing, the person on the other side picks up and then silence. They can't hear me I can't her them. This seams to be random, sometimes calls are fine other days they are not. While this happens I can still go online, I can tether to my notebook via bluetooth, no problems but the calls break. Pulling the battery sometimes helps sometime not. I can't find any pattern.

I have also experienced situations where the connection would jump quickly between edge, 3g, full bars, no bars and only battery pull would fix it.

Any ideas if that could be the OS version 5.0.0.714 or perhaps some hardware related issue? I did have some speaker issue on 8100 but then I was not able to hear while the other person could hear me just fine. This is both ways.

The network is T-mobile with data plan.

Thanks for any ideas
    Darius

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Darius,

It's much easier to diagnose an issue if you can establish a pattern, but as you've said, you're not seeing one, so it's a puzzler for sure.

Does this happen in the same place or in different locations?

You might want to consider upgrading your OS to the .862 from Vodafone, which you can get here. If you've not done it before, you'll find detailed instructions for upgrading in the Technical Support link in my signature.

Roger

dariusf no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Does this happen in the same place or in different locations?
    I think its random and not specific to areas at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You might want to consider upgrading your OS to the .862 from Vodafone, which you can get here. If you've not done it before, you'll find detailed instructions for upgrading in the Technical Support link in my signature.
    That was next on my list, will try that version and then rollback to older one if the problem continues.

I also experience sometimes constant drops of my internet connection while I tether to my notebook via bluetooth and have to redial to have it drop again in a few min. Although this happens on a train while its traveling so could be due to the coverage.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's tricky. I with the others, it sound like possibly an OS issue.

I'm having quirky issues with my 9700 running .742 on T-mobile also. When my phone indicates it is receiving a 3G signal, my upload download arrows just cycle back in forth and I can't get a call or data transmission to work. I attributed it to congestion at a football game with 92K in the stands. My wife had the same problem at the same time on her 9700 running .714. It seems to correct itself slightly with a battery pull. Not total sure if it's OS or network related.

Anyone else have this issue using a 9700 and the T-mobile network?
    Last edited by miltw3; 10-19-2010 at 12:22 PM.