hello everyone, I've been using blackberrys since i first got my pearl a few years ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bd_bangz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question problems transferring videos to bold!!

Advertisement

hello everyone,

I've been using blackberrys since i first got my pearl a few years ago and have been stuck on blackberry since. I've had my bold for a little while here and never used to have any problems converting video files into the mpg4 format and using the media manager to transfer them onto my phone with the "convert for optimal playback" option. Now, for some reason, I can no longer do that. So I thought I came up with my own solution by connecting my phone to my pc and going into my computer and selecting on the media card and going to the video folder and then just copying and pasting the files into there. At first it worked, and I thought it was genious. Then I tried to skip forward through the video and it worked for a little bit with a slight lag, and finally, which was another issue that I ran into, my phone just rebooted for no reason, like a soft reset. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!!
    loyalty above all laws

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    After i fast foward and play i hit stop and play again and it takes out the lag. Unfortunately the reboot is common and i dont know of a fix except for trying one of the newer software versions.

Thanks

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    are you transfering from WM, AVI, DivX?

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    I think you need to convert the video before copy pasting into your bb
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bd_bangz no está en línea Stack level 2
    i convert the videos from .avi to .mpg4 because one of the other threads that i read said that the best video format for the bold is the same as the iphone 3g. so thats what i've been doing...
    loyalty above all laws

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    i had problems with avi to whatever Real is using. choppy video and such. DivX and WM much less